Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

HPI baja 5b Engine upgrade/maintains!!

hi,
    I have an Hpi Baja SS 26cc,I have just upgraded to a 29cc engine/pistons,can I run the engine on full throttle or should I wait for a couple of tanks to finish Before hitting full throttle also should my petrol to oil ratio be the same or should I use more petrol ratio then the standard(25:1part oil).I also wanna know what makes the pistons burn out i mean whats the best way to have your piston live a long life in a baja.any info on the baja 5b about maintains would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    hi bob , heres what i would do . use standard fuel . wind both mixture screws all the way in (gently) . then wind the low out 1.5 turns and the hi out 1.75 turns . use standard start procedure and it should run fine but smoky . I would do some 5 minute runs - letting it cool off for 10 minutes in-between - at no more than half throttle . you won't burn a piston if you can see some smoke from the exhaust at all speeds . when there is no visible smoke , the engine may be too lean .