Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > HPI Racing
Reload this Page >

Hpi g3.0 engine problem! Any help here would be appreciated

HPI Racing HPI Racing forum. Discuss all HPI Racing products here.

Hpi g3.0 engine problem! Any help here would be appreciated

Old 05-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Lech91

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hpi g3.0 engine problem! Any help here would be appreciated

Here's my story: i decided over two months ago to dust off my old hpi nitro mt2 car, as any one woul expect it didn't start and i took it to my local dealer who suggested to buy a new engine, i got a new hpi g3.0; he got it installed and broke it in; it was running great until last weekend, the engine overheats and i am having any kind of behavior; first as it overheat it didn't run foward with the engine on and oil began to burn over the engine; i researched this and read that i mus have been running too lean and must have an air leak, so i got RTV and sealed just below tha heatsink, then oil came out of the exhaust tube (where it attaches to the engine) so i sealed it as well; then less oil came from the lower part of the caburetor, so i sealed it as well (just the base, not the needles) i reset the needles back to factory settings since the first overheat; now my engine is sealed, needles reset, but it still overheats, it starts great while its warm, but as soon as i start reving it up it begins stalling, then turns off and doesnt start when i try to turn it on again, also when its very hot i can hear something boiling inside; what would my next move be? I am using 600F resistant (red) RTV, 16% nitro fuel, my old mt2 chassis/servo and remote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:45 PM
cbaker65

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Lech91 View Post
Here's my story: i decided over two months ago to dust off my old hpi nitro mt2 car, as any one woul expect it didn't start and i took it to my local dealer who suggested to buy a new engine, i got a new hpi g3.0; he got it installed and broke it in; it was running great until last weekend, the engine overheats and i am having any kind of behavior; first as it overheat it didn't run foward with the engine on and oil began to burn over the engine; i researched this and read that i mus have been running too lean and must have an air leak, so i got RTV and sealed just below tha heatsink, then oil came out of the exhaust tube (where it attaches to the engine) so i sealed it as well; then less oil came from the lower part of the caburetor, so i sealed it as well (just the base, not the needles) i reset the needles back to factory settings since the first overheat; now my engine is sealed, needles reset, but it still overheats, it starts great while its warm, but as soon as i start reving it up it begins stalling, then turns off and doesnt start when i try to turn it on again, also when its very hot i can hear something boiling inside; what would my next move be? I am using 600F resistant (red) RTV, 16% nitro fuel, my old mt2 chassis/servo and remote
It is getting hot when you can here it gurgling!

The only thing that I can suggest ,is to make sure that the fuel tank is clean & there is no leak from it.
Also ,make sure the cylinder head screws are tight ,an nothing restricting the tube that goes to the
muffler an tank ,that is the pressure tube that pressurizes the tank to help fuel flow to the carb....Good luck!
Old 05-14-2017, 06:25 AM
LostinLondon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

With a g 3.0 try upping nitro to 20% 25% what are your needle settings? Are you sure it was run in sounds like it's still on default