RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   HPI Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-racing-387/)
-   -   HPI Comeback 2017? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hpi-racing-387/11639138-hpi-comeback-2017-a.html)

RustyUs 05-22-2017 01:00 PM

HPI Comeback 2017?

With some hype in a video or two that was released in the past couple of weeks, was HPI ever really gone? The comeback is suppose to happen Summer 2017. I hope HPI does make it back to their old self again. I still see a lot of parts that are labeled "Back Order".

I don't own a HPI platform. But it would be nice to, once again, point someone in their direction for a great RC purchase.

RustyUs 06-17-2017 04:15 AM

Nobody wanting HPI RCs anymore? I guess the damage has been done? Stagnant group of RCs?

RustyUs 06-17-2017 04:38 AM

Maybe a "2"; "2.0"; "Gen 2" version of some existing platforms are needed for release...to boost some excitement?
The Venture Toyota FJ Cruiser has got me excited in checking out something missing from my RC life. I just think the Traxxas TRX-4 is gonna be casting a huge shadow over some platforms :(.

I'll wait and see

suburban_hooligan 09-16-2017 06:26 PM

late reply but what the hell. im waiting, i want them to make a full comeback. i like HPI's stuff, i have 3 of there cars (savage xs ss, nitro RS4 2, and a custom project wheely king). i was enthusiastic about the Venture. then it kept getting put off and put off and put off and now i just don't care.
not sure they need 2.0 versions of vehicles, a lot of what they have is solid. savage still has a fallowing, blitz/firestorm is a solid truck, the 1/5 scale cars are still popular. they need support, parts need to be in stock and they need to get word out that things are in stock. they need to regain consumer confidence. good cars and support is how you do that.
i think getting wheels, tires, and bodies back in stock is a good place to start sense they've been a long running staple in the on road basher market.

on a side note, the Jumpshot MT has been catching my eye lately... also really like the fact they still have a nitro Firestorm, im loved nitro stadium trucks back in the day.

CH3NO2shocker 09-30-2017 05:03 PM

Firestorm

I really want a firestorm 10t, but if ya can't get parts...

Savage_Dias 10-13-2017 09:03 AM

I was hoping to find some good news here but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I'd love to get a Savage Flux but the only one I can find is the XL. I've put off playing around with my Savage 21 for so long that I can't remember why I took it apart.

MCSRacing 01-24-2018 12:13 AM

my LHS is saying they are getting distribution set up and will begin shipping in feb. ..... hopefully they do .. we are racing some old sprint 2 converted to rwd touring cars .. they're sick fast, and massive fun, we are like the only place i can find running a 2wd touring class .. anyway hopin for a full comeback soon!!

Kitsune 01-27-2018 06:03 AM

I've been away from the RC scene for a little while, and I must say this is news to me. Hopefully they don't go under.

suburban_hooligan 01-27-2018 10:18 AM

things seem better now than they were 6 months ago, so i don't think they'll go under

matskevichvlas 02-09-2018 05:09 AM

I like my hpi sprint 2 flux!

Oneloveknk 02-03-2020 06:10 AM

Started with this company. So I wish them the best!