Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly & Win 7

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:01 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly & Win 7

OK, based on all this info, here's what I think are the possibilities. It is likely an intermittent connection (like a bad solder joint) somewhere in the usb interface cable or the adapter cable. You could try exchanging the adapter cable with your friend as an evaluation, or if you have a DVM, you could try to trace any bad connection in the cable. But you could also give Tower Hobbies a call to exchange the entire set of cables (including the adapter) with a new set. If you have trouble dealing with TH, send me a PM
Old 10-22-2010, 08:06 AM
BullardRM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OKwill do sometime this weekend. I'll let you know.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:09 AM
rajul

Sure!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:30 PM
BullardRM

Just got in from my friends. Bad news. I now have two that are not working. Is there a place I can send my system back to be checked, repaired or replaced?
Old 10-23-2010, 04:04 PM
BullardRM

I need to talk with a live person on this. Question: the are two connectors on the interphase box. I can get the system to recognize the TX on the pig tail only. My friend said these were to be used for two transmitters to be used at the same time ? Also, the system is running REALLY slow.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:02 PM
rajul

ORIGINAL: BullardRM

Just got in from my friends. Bad news. I now have two that are not working. Is there a place I can send my system back to be checked, repaired or replaced?
Which "two" are you referring about?
Old 10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
rajul

ORIGINAL: BullardRM

I need to talk with a live person on this. Question: the are two connectors on the interphase box. I can get the system to recognize the TX on the pig tail only. My friend said these were to be used for two transmitters to be used at the same time ? Also, the system is running REALLY slow.
Which "two connectors" are you referring to? Could you post a photo? No, you must not use the interface for two transmitters at the same time as it is not designed to do this. If your system is suddenly running slow, this is not related to the usb interface.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
BullardRM

OK, I have my system up and running. Went to my friends house and got confused WORSE. Took his usb adapter home with me to try. Figured out that each adapter is coded to work ONLY with the software it came with. Anyway, the 10X still dosen't work, but the 11X does, so I am happy to have something going. Thanks again.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:58 PM
rajul

Sounds good. BTW, the usb interface (the usb stick) has a built-in security code which needs to match your software license. So using your usb interface in your friends system (with a different software license) and vice versa will not work. The adapter cable (that goes between the usb cable and your radio) does not have any security code and is just an electrical connector. If swapping the adapter cable made the difference, then I would say that there could be an intermittent or bad connection in your adapter cable. On your 10x, I would really check the trainer socket and its solder joint to the circuit board - could be a damaged socket or bad solder joint.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Valve floater

I just ordered Aerofly 5 upgrade version.I have the AFPD. I called the US phone number i found on the Ikarus web site. I think they are in Florida. I was told to order the product from the German website because it was cheaper at $139.00 for the upgrade at a 3% discount. So i ordered it online from the German site that it links to. Then i e-mailed them to be sure they had my right address because it looked like it did not go in correctly on the foreign site correctly. It has been about a week. No reply to the E-mail. Scary.Then today i get an alert from my cc company that there was an out of the country charge of

$185.38.!!Plus a cc international fee of $6 bucks.Why didn`t the local US vendor alert me of all the crazy Exchange rates and shipping charges direct from Germany? This seems to be the only way i could find to order it.I am in Louisiana.On the final order E-mail there is nothing stating about this. This is almost the price for the full version. Tell them a current customer loyal to AFPD has no advantages cost wise.I feel i have been wronged.I have not received the product yet, but for what i paid, it better work.My wife is PO `ed at me about these charges. I will repost and state my findings when i receive the product.I left an phone message at the US vender at 239-540-0067 and told them of my position.I am An AMA member and i saw the ad in our Model aviation mag. and it stated the prices but not the other hidden charges.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:22 PM
rajul

Valve, please communicate with me via PM. PM me your contact details and I'll check this out for you. Please also read the posting rules in this forum
Old 11-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Valve floater

deleted
Old 11-09-2010, 08:20 AM
rajul

Pls start your own thread as per forum rules