Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

unable to install planes to my afpd sim

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

unable to install planes to my afpd sim

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
paddy_c20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unable to install planes to my afpd sim

evry time i try download and install ipacs-sim planes to my aerofly pro deluxe i get a message saying unable to locate aerofly deluxe npro please re install using disk.

why is it not locating. i open my aerofly up and it woprks fine.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:25 PM
opjose

Default RE: unable to install planes to my afpd sim

AFDP does not have it's own built in installer that places files where they are needed. You are required to put the data files into their proper places...

To make things easier for end users, many of the modelers have created their own installers using installation software tools.

However since many planes originate in other countries, the locales, folders, and data structures are different.

e. g. C:\Programme\Ipacs\Aerofly Deluxe Pro instead of C:\Program Files\Ipacs\Aerofly Deluxe Pro

Most of the installers have an elipsis or option to specify the target folder.

You should ALWAYS take advantage of that. Manually select the target folder.

However in some cases one installer may want to be pointed to the top level AFDP folder ( e.g. C:\Program Files\Ipacs\Aerofly Deluxe Pro ) while another may want to be pointed at the Aircraft folder... ( C:\Program Files\Ipacs\Aerofly Deluxe Pro\Aircraft )

Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

paddy, please refer to the model installation guidelines given here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5241496/tm.htm
Old 10-06-2010, 05:09 PM
paddy_c20

ok managed to get 1 plane on. but thats it out the whole list.
the probelm am havin is ,. on the one that worked a boxed popped up when you press download. the box asks if you want to open or save file. i press save then it saves as zip and it works fine. BUT on every other downlad a box pops up and gives me no other options other than save or cancel. when press save it is not a zip file, its a binary file what ever the hell that is. basically i click on the downloaded item and it says unable to locate afpd please re install.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:16 PM
opjose

My original response seems to have disappeared, so I'll try again.

AFPD does not have an internal mechanism to import aircraft.

As a result aircraft designers had to resort to telling people HOW and WHERE to place the files.

Since many people are not skilled computer users, this created many problems for people.
To get around that, many aircraft designers started using separate second party "installer" programs, which is what those Executrable files are.

The installer programs try to put the unpacked files into the proper places.

However, these installers were created by END USERS not by Ipacs.

So the installers expect Aerofly to be installed where the installer expects.

All too often the plane creator is from another country. The installation paths differ, and the installers fail to put the planes in the correct location, or to even recognize that Aerofly is installed.

With these programs In most cases you are given the option if selecting the target folder, so you will have to point the installer program to the correct Aerofly folder... normally C:\Program Files\Ipac\Aerofly Deluxe Pro.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:40 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pls post the link to this particular model download
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM
paddy_c20

its on them all. but 1.