Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly Pro Deluxe (Controls)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
judsterky
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly Pro Deluxe (Controls)

I just bought it a week ago and love it. It's all self explanitory except one thing. The controls menu section is very very confusing.
Do you have to create a different setup for each airplane in Aerofly? I mean I set my airplanes up and my Heli's then get screwed up. I then set my helis up and now my airplanes are wacked out. I had my jets flying perfect and since my helis were programmed, now my jets don't work. Probably because I programmed the colective pitch in my helis. I have a futaba CHP9. Do you have to create a different model memory in my radio for every airplane I fly in Aerofly?

I really appreciate it if you can give me some details on how to program individual models.

Thanks!

David
Old 10-29-2010, 09:45 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly Pro Deluxe (Controls)

David, I would suggest that you read through the manual first on how to setup and calibrate your AFPD. If you're flying helis and planes, I would suggest that you create separate model memories in your radio. Here's some instructions on how to do a basic and advanced setup:

When you go to "controls", in the "aircraft control settings" page, make sure that the dot for the "new usb interface/GC" corresponds to "aircraft 1".

Then go to "properties". You should be in the basic channel asignment page. If you are new to AFPD I would suggest that you use the basic channel assignment (when you are more experienced, you could use the advanced channel assigment). Type a name for this new configuration e.g. "Game Commander" or "Radio 1" in the configuration box below. Move your controller sticks and you should see the bars at the bottom moving. Assign one channel at a time e.g. start with your elevator stick, move it and see which bar moves. Then place the dot at the position corresponding to elevator function. Do the same thing for rudder, aileron, throttle, etc. Then do a calibration (place all channel trims to the center and disable all program mixes in your programmable radio). Then fly your model. If you find that there are any function that are reversed, then go back to the controls page and tick the reverse box. You must do a calibration again.

Use the advanced channel assignment when you are more experienced. Here, you can setup for instance left aileron and right aileron independently and this is useful for setting up more advanced functions like flaps (with a programmable radio). You can also setup multiple engines, left/right elevator, left/right rudder (for v-tail models), etc. To enter the advanced setup menu, click on the "advanced" tab below the basic channel assignment page. Move your controller sticks and you should see the bars at the left moving. Again, assign one channel at a time e.g. start with your elevator stick, move it and see which bars moves. Then click on the channel tab on the right. A "select channel" menu will open (you can scroll up or down the page to search). Move your controller stick and see which bar is moving. Then click on anywhere on the bar that is moving and the correct channel will be selected. Close the "select channel" menu to go back to the advanced setup menu and you will see that the proper channel has been assigned to the elevator. Do the same thing for rudder, aileron, throttle, etc. Then do a calibration (place all channel trims to the center and disable all program mixes in your programmable radio). Then fly your model. If you find that there are any function that are reversed, then go back to the controls page and tick the reverse box. You must do a calibration again.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:49 PM
judsterky
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly Pro Deluxe (Controls)

Thanks Rajul! This weekend I will try your suggestions and let you know how it goes.