Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly 5 won`t run

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Valve floater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly 5 won`t run

I just got Aerofly 5. version 5.0.3.5.Upgrade version. I am running a AMD 220 daul core,4 GB ram, 500gb harddrive with a Nvidia Geforce 61505en,force 430 video card. It is a brand new HP.
When i first loaded the discs the sim would come up but the mouse would lag and it was in a half size window. It ran ok.When you first turned it on it would say that there was no openGL support 2.1 for 3d. You would hit ok but it would run. So i updated the Nvidia drivers. Still the same. Then i did the patch on the Aerofly 5 site for windows. All loaded well.
Now it does not go past the black loading sceneries screen and it says: Aerofly 5 main executable has stopped working. Then it will sit there. I did a reload to repair it but not a complete uninstall and reload yet.
Any ideas? I am not that computer savy so please make it simple. Thank much.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:06 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly 5 won`t run

Valve, your video card is not compatible with AF5. The list of compatible video cards can be found here http://www.aerofly.com/requirements_en.html
Old 11-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Valve floater

Thanks Mike. Which card do you prefer if you had to buy one listed on that list? Do i have to reload Aerofly 5 and the update after the card?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Valve floater

Thanks Mike YEEEEE HEEEE! Working now. After a large chunk out of my wallet, i am flying! I went out and bought a GeForce 9800GT video card with 1gb. I also had to buy a 600w power supply to power the more powerful card because the one with the computer won`t power it.I maxed out the graphics settings on the sim. and there is no lag.I am like a kid with a new plane at the flying site.

How do i know if the latest version i downloaded on the Aerofly 5 site is the latest, and if my computer took it correctly? Where do i compare the patch version numbers.The one under help says 5.1.0.1 from 6-15-2010 looks to be the latest. Is there a 5.5 version to be released? Thanks
Old 11-10-2010, 05:08 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Valve, you have a good card and adequate PSU to match. The patch is the latest. If there's any new patch, I will provide an update in this forum. Always check from the official website http://www.aerofly.com/downloads_en.html Enjoy!