Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AF5 edits priority

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 11:44 AM
matus777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AF5 edits priority

Mike with regards to editing anything in AF5 ( i'm talking now about control throws or rates and expos) and saving it is there a best way to do this? Let's assume you have a TX where you can set each model up in your TX as opposed to using the generic type TX like a simple 4 ch tx where one size fits all. You can edit the plane in the program changing all types of things…the most powerful way to do things. You can edit the TX in the controller part of the program and you can edit the plane in your specific TX?

I have noticed that trying to change the throws in the controller area do not change the actual throws on the model so can you provide a logic or priority for using the various options to affect model changes….and save them?

Mike (for model editing and TX functions) can you provide a priority of use between the various options since you can change things within each option? I'm asking with regard to control throws and expos. It's clear that weight, airfoils etc need to be changed in the edit function, however you can also change control throws and expo. If this is done here then all you would have to do is use the mixes in your TX if desired?

You can also change throws and expos in the controller, advanced area but they can't over-ride the max throws in the edited area as viewed when checking throws visually on the models. You can also change throws and expos on many TX's as well as adding needed mixes…..so how do you sort this out as for priority of usage to make the models fly as you would like? Can you provide guidance on which option to use for changing and saving these changes….thanks.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AF5 edits priority

matus, there is no real "priority" and it all is up to the individual user. The throw and expo adjustment options are made available in the software for users who are using non-programmable controllers. I use a programmable controller and my preference is to make all throw and expo settings within my radio, and using separate model files.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
matus777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...good to know...thanks Using a higher end 72mhz TX might make great sense with this sim....they are quite reasonable in the market now!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:55 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a great choice. using a programmable radio is recommended as you could program in functions we regularly use in the field such as dual rates, flight conditions, airbrakes, spoilerons, etc