Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

AFPD - "has located the USB interface but was unable to either find a transmitter ...

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD - "has located the USB interface but was unable to either find a transmitter ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:47 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD - "has located the USB interface but was unable to either find a transmitter ...

I think I need a new interface cable. I started getting this error intermittently a couple years ago. It kept getting worse and now it is 100% of the time. I have tried two different transmitters and two different computers. One is running Windows XP (32 bit) and one is running Vista Business 32 bit.

Version 1.11.07.21. Transmitters are both JR - XP 662 and XF421

I have looked carefully at all the connections and don't see any loose connections

The cable is probably 4 or 5 years old.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:43 AM
coleco1982

Default RE: AFPD -

That's very strange I am having the exact same problem at the exact same time. My cable went bad so I soldered a new one on. Now I'm getting the error message "Aerofly has locate the USB interface but was unable to either find a transmitter..."

I wonder why?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:50 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DMcQuinn, I would check the adapter cable first for any broken or intermittent connection. Do you have a multimeter with you? If you do, we could try doing a simple test on the adapter cable
Old 11-07-2010, 10:09 AM
DMcQuinn

I unscrewed the cable ends and visually inspected the adapter cable, I also tested for continuity through the adaptor cable with a multi-meter. Is there anything else I can check myself?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:21 AM
rajul

What results did you get for the adapter cable? You'll need to probe between the tip and barrel of the plug, and the lugs in the socket (unscrew the rubber cover first). Any continuity failures between the plug and socket terminals?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
DMcQuinn

OK. The adaptor cable is approximately 8 inches long. see picture SNC00291. On one end there is a two-conductor pin that plugs in to the JR Transmitter. I get continuity from the tip of this pin (SNC00293) through the white/blue stripe wire to the other end on one of the lugs. From the barrel of the same pin (SNC00294), I get continuity through the all-white conductor to the other lug on the socket end. There is no continuity between the two wires (no short circuits) when the adaptor cable is unplugged from everything.

On the long cable, there is a USB connector on one end and there is a 3-conductor pin on the other end (and a black case about 3 inches long in the middle). I get continuity between the very tip of this pin and the middle conductor of the same pin. This seems a little weird. There is no short between the lugs on the back side of this pin. There is continuity between the two lugs on the back. One of the lugs is tied to the braided outer sheeth and the other lug is connected to the conductor that goes thru the center.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 PM
rajul

DMcquinn, your adapter cable is fine. I will send you a photo later for you to check the lug of the plug at the end of the usb cable. Sometimes some solder is needed there. Do you have a soldering tool?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
rajul

Unscrew the black rubber boot of the 3.5mm stereo plug at the end of the usb interface cable and check visually first for any broken or shorted solder joints.

Check the lug and post in the plug at the end of the usb cable (refer to attached pic) and add some solder between the lug and post if there is no solder.

Connect up your radio and try running AFPD again. Let me know what happens.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
DMcQuinn

Mine has no solder at the junction pointed out in your picture. But the connection there seems pretty tight. Off to do some soldering now. Will be back in a few minutes ...
Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 PM
DMcQuinn

I soldered it just like you show in your picture but this did not help.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:00 AM
rajul

OK, then its confirmed to be the usb interface itself. Pls PM me your name and contact details
Old 12-22-2010, 06:14 PM
DMcQuinn

PROBLEM RESOLVED. My cable came back from the factory today (free of charge) and it's working perfectly again. Thanks, Mike for your help.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:19 PM
rajul

Good to hear that!