Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AF5 Mac - Bad USB Cable

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:10 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AF5 Mac - Bad USB Cable

Mike - I am over at a fiends house who has purchased and installed AF5 on his relatively new Mac. He has a JR8103 Tx connected to the USB cable that came with the software. When he could not get his Tx to work with AF5, he called and was sent an adapter cable that has a Futaba Square connector and a 1/8" Mono connector. His Tx is still not recognized.

I stopped over, today, to look at his setup. I brought over the USB cable that came with my AFPD, as well.

With his cable, a message pops up indicating that the RC is not switched on. I also cannot calibrate it. I was able to go through the Activation process, successfully, but the Tx will not work.

With my cable, the Tx was recognized and I was able to Calibrate it and fly the default Trainer plane. I could not Activate it, however, because I do not have an Activation Key for my cable and his Activation Key will not work with my cable.

We have tried both 1/8" jacks that came with the AF5 cable and neither on works. His Tx works fine with my cable and my AFPD.

When I click on Controller, it states that the USB has not been configured.

It would appear that the AF5 USB cable is not working and needs to be replaced. How do we go about doing that?

Is there a way he can use my cable, in the meantime, and Activate it so he can fly his other aircraft, until the new cable arrives. AFPD came with no Activation Key.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: AF5 Mac - Bad USB Cable

Rich, it sounds like a bad cable. Please contact Mr Frank Heinrich of Ikarus USA on the replacement cable (239) 540 0067. You would have to provide a proof of purchase. You can't use your cable as it has been activated on your own AF5.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:58 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: AF5 Mac - Bad USB Cable

Mike - I forwarded the link for this thread to the friend who has the bad cable. In the process of talking to Frank, he had a difficult time communicating with him.
Below is a followup email between the two. Rob is frustrated because he was told, in the email, to send the bad cable to Germany and then told that he should have sent it to Florida. Apparently, a cable was sent from Florida, but it never arrived. Now, Rob is told he must wait until someone tracks down the location of the shipped cable. In the mean time, Rob has gone over a month or more without the use of his Flight Sim. He is at the point where he wants to call his Credit Card company, dispute the charge, and return the product.

I know your company is customer focused and that you have sorted out all sorts of issues, regarding your products, over the years.

Could they not just ship him the correct cable, overnight, and sort out the whereabouts of the other cable, later?

My name Robert Culmone my phone# 585-315-2751 i sent my usb and cable for my aerofly5 to Germany and now you are telling me i should have sent it to Florida.Here is the email i got from you and my reply.i wrote the address that i thought i was suppose to send my bad cable to and asked you if it was the correct address.You replied by saying.YES!! please send me a new usb and cable for my aerofly5.. Robert Culmone 13 peach blossom rd s hilton ny 14468 thank you.

On Dec 21, 2010, at 10:53 AM, Support Team wrote:

> Yes, this is the correct address.
>
> With best regards
>
> IKARUS Modellsport
> Manfred Danner
>
> IKARUS
> MODELLSPORT
> Manfred Danner
> Modellbauermeister
> Im Webertal 22
> 78713 Schramberg Germany
> E-Mail: [email protected]
> Internet: www.ikarus.net
> UST-IdentNr. DE142637223
> Tel: +49 7402/9291-900
> Fax: +49 7402/9291-750
>
>
>
> Von: "Robert Culmone" <[email protected]>
> An: "Support Team" <[email protected]>
> Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2010 16:44:14
> Betreff: Re: problems with my new aerofly5
>
> Is this the address i should send my cable to?......Im webertal 22 78713 schramberg germany

> On Dec 21, 2010, at 10:28 AM, Support Team wrote:
>
> Dear Mr. Culmone,
>
> thank you for your e-mail.
> Please excuse my bad english on the phone.
> O.K. I see. I also think the cable is broken. So please send it back to Mr. Frank Heinrich. He will change the cable.
> After getting the new cable, please contact us again per e-mail and let us know the new serial number, which appears on the AF5 screen. Then we will send you a new product key for reactivation.
>
>
> With best regards
>
> IKARUS Modellsport
> Manfred Danner
>
> IKARUS
> MODELLSPORT
> Manfred Danner
> Modellbauermeister
> Im Webertal 22