Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

AF5 for Mac; question about settings...

Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AF5 for Mac; question about settings...

Old 01-01-2011, 04:33 PM
ic-racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AF5 for Mac; question about settings...

I can't seem to find the answer to the following questions in the manual:

1) In SETTINGS:GRAPHICS, what does the "Vertical Synch" check box do?

2) What do the power symbols (2x, 4x, 8x) mean in the Anti-Aliasing box?

3) I have a "FPS" indicator on the screen that shows a warning when it is low. What is that. Is it a Feet Per Second stall indicator? If not what is one supposed to do when it is low??

Thanks
Old 01-01-2011, 08:45 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AF5 for Mac; question about settings...

The FPS (frames per second) display during the simulation in the Flight Info window indicates whether your computer isfast enough for a particular scenery. If this figure falls to below about 30-35 FPS, then select a scenery or graphics options (eg. disable smoke, clouds, sun glare, etc) with lower video card requirements.

The Anti Aliasing option improves the overall visual quality of aircraft models. Anti Aliasing smoothes the edges of an aircraft model and improves the overall visibility of the model at bigger distances. With modern 3D cards using 256MB or more, you can safely activate Anti Aliasing to improve the aircraft quality. The easiest thing is to experiment whether switching anti aliasing on and off has a noticeable effect on your FPS (frames per second) rate. I normally leave mine at 2x at medium graphics setting.

Vertical synchronization: this option is only available if you have activated it in your graphics card driver. When vertical synchronization is activated, AeroFly waits until the current image has been drawn in full. If vertical synchronization is not activated, then you may find that when engaging in rapid fly-pasts the old picture is still displayed in parts of the screen whilst other parts display the image for the current model position. You should only activate this option if your computer consistently shows an FPS value of 70 or more. I normally disable vertical sync.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM
ic-racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AF5 for Mac; question about settings...

Thank you for your answers.