Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

maybe old topic but can't find-realflight?

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

maybe old topic but can't find-realflight?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 04:25 PM
keary
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maybe old topic but can't find-realflight?

Hi,
I have been out of the hobby for a while,got the bug again and want to practice up. I have a 21.5" iMac and AFPD which works great!
I can use my Futaba 9C just fine ,but want to try and use my Realflight interlink controller G4.5 so I don't have to keep recharging batteries and because the 9C is pretty heavy to hold.( and I do remove the module to help prolong the battery time)

I have spend literally hours searching for info ,but would really appreciate if Someone would give me a definate answer, please!
Can the realflight controller be used on a iMac with AFPD?
I see it can with a pc, and I do not want to use some kind of "Windows" emulator . Just simply the procedure,if possible , of connecting.

I found 2 programs, USB Overdrive and ControllerMate- which allowed the mac to see the interlink, but could not figure how to get AFPD to
acknowledge the controller.
I apologize if I have overlooked any previous thread on the realflight and a MAC.

Thanks
Keary
Old 04-04-2011, 03:19 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: maybe old topic but can't find-realflight?

Sorry, we do not support Realflight products here.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:04 PM
keary

I'm sorry ,I thought I had seen other posts here asking similar questions. Just to clarify, I changed FROM the other simulator to AFPD because 1. it's available as a Mac program and because 2. it is a better simulator and I was wanting to be able to have an alternate controller other than my transmitter . I honestly fail to see how that is promoting another product.
Maybe if the question was restated as having a x brand of joystick-is there a way of having the mac version of AFPD recongnize it?
Keary
Old 04-06-2011, 02:26 AM
rajul

Hi Keary, I can't really comment on the RF controller as I have not tested it myself and whether there is any compatibility issues with AFPD. I would recommend that you use your 9C as you could use the programmable functions like dual rates, mixes, etc which will give you a much better flying experience with AFPD and also a better feel of the radio at the field.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
jukes3

Hi
are you given a 'joystick' option - i dant have realflight, but a controller that came with other software works with almost everything ive tried - usually o be found under the oystick option.
Hope this helps
Old 04-14-2011, 11:49 AM
jukes3

Forgot to add - the controller is from RCPlanemaster - very cheap here in england - try their website: www.realitycraft.com for more info
Old 04-14-2011, 09:51 PM
keary

Hi Mark,
Thanks for replying. You were very helpful way back when I got AFPD and had trouble with getting it up and running, and now that I have the "itch" again I was just wondering about this as a way to get even more enjoyment and practice time with the sim. The 9C works great but I guess I am going to have to get another battery! I wonder if I can use it with the charger plugged in? Oh, well, thanks again.

Oh , and by the way, are there any special web sites for aircraft models that cater towards Mac users? The web sites and Models I have found (save one) have great looking models, but being on a Mac, I have no way of running the .exe files they are coded in. I would really like to find a giant scale Ultimate and Decathlon as well as some giant scale profile planes ?

Also , as I type this a question came up, Is there some way to make a model less resistant to coming apart in Mid air? I understand realism ect.I have found a few models, like the P47, that are similar to my planes, I check the AFPD planes to make sure they are close to the same specs as mine (size, wt, engine power( hard to figure that one)). but the AFPD models tend to want to come apart in the air flying the same way as I do with my real models .Don't want to fly a Cub in extreme 3D or any thing, but I would like to practice some things with out the planes coming apart!
Keary

ps that radio does get a bit heavy after a few hours.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM
rajul

I am personally using a 9C with my Aerofly as well and it is a great radio. I guess it may feel "heavy" after a few hours of flying but I don't normally go beyond an hour each session. Use a neck strap if that helps.

There are currently less user-created models for mac compared to pc as the pc version has been around for a much longer time. I hope to see more in the future. I will give your feedback for more GS scale planes to IPACS.

What type of maneuvers do you perform that make the model come apart in mid-air?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
keary

Hi Mike,
The problem I have is mostly a medical issue when it comes to using the 9C. I do use a strap, but it does't take long for my arm muscles to fatigue using the transmitter. The controller was just a whole lot lighter.

I appreciate you passing the information about having more Mac compatible user models. I have often seen, however, programers coming up with a Mac file, only to have it compressed for downloading, into a pc .exe formate! Talk about frustrations!

One of the more sensitive planes is a 94" P-47 I downloaded off a web site (I can't remember which one) that at the least dive, the plane falls apart with the pull out. (Like a strafing run) Air speed I believe was only about 70mph .
Thanks
Keary
Old 04-18-2011, 03:21 PM
rajul

Keary, try to find the link for the P-47. If it is a model created by a user, you would have to contact him to address the issue.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 AM
keary

OK, Thanks!