Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have Dx6i hooked up and working, but have questions

So I have the throttle hold and stunt mode working along with the rest of it seemingly. Took a bit, but the instructions here were helpful.

My question is that when I was flying it last night, I just pulled up a model I had saved for my Blade mCPx. In that model, i have settings for Dual Rates and Expo. How does aerofly recognize dual rates (or travel adj) and expo? Is it just what is typed into the program's control panel, or does it read it from the Tx when I flip the switch. I don't know if it tries to read one or both.

Also is the program's setting a dual rate or a travel adjustment? I think it's recognizing the pitch and throttle curves, but not sure about this other stuff.

Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Have Dx6i hooked up and working, but have questions

You have to set dual rate and expo in your programmable radio. Please check your radio manual on how to do this. For the dual rate switch, always calibrate the radio in Aerofly with the switch in high rate position, not low rate.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok thanks. The model I've been using has Dual Rates and expo factored into it. So I guess I just leave the aerofly settings at 100 and 0 then right?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would recommend to use your programmable radio functions to the fullest. In that way, you get a feel for the radio like in the field
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rajul

I would recommend to use your programmable radio functions to the fullest. In that way, you get a feel for the radio like in the field
    Got it set up that way now and it seems to work well. Thanks! No I just need to find a good source for learning some basic aerobatic and 3D moves (i.e., do this and this with the sticks to perform a roll or to go inverted for a hover).