Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly 5 online How to?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Valve floater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly 5 online How to?

Hi, I have been trying to fly online since i have had Aerofly 5 for about 6 months. I host and also try to join in on the internet setting. I have never gotten it to work. When i choose internet and let it search it comes up with about 3 lines of data but it seems no one is flying at the time. I have tried diff. times of the day also. I also will open up as a host when i fly and no one joins in. I have the latest version upgrade. What am i doing wrong? Or is it that no one wants to fly with me?
Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly 5 online How to?

Hi VF, which version number do you have now? Have you installed the latest patch? What type of internet connection do you use? Have you read through the instructions in section 19 of the manual on multiplayer setup?
Old 07-17-2011, 03:09 AM
Valve floater

Thanks. Version 5.5.07 I have it on auto update. I have high speed cox cable internet. Yes i have looked in the manual. It looks fairly easy.Does someone have to be online for me to see them?
Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 AM
rajul

Yes, all players have to be online in multiplayer mode via the internet. You could make an "appointment" with your flying buddies who are also using AF5 to fly at a certain time. One of you can host.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Valve floater

I don`t have any friends that use Areofly.I wonder where could post someone to be online to test it? Could i post something on RCU? Seems like if this is Worldwide i would be able to find someone online flying.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:08 AM
rajul

Sure, you could post an invitation in the discussion forum.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Valve floater

Thanks. I finally got to fly with some guys online. I just kept checking in and joining many times. The next question i have is, is there any way to check to see if someone is online without going to every scene? Is each flying scene independent of who is flying in that scenery at that time. I don`t know if i am stating the question correctly, but is there anyway to find someone flying without going thru all the flying sites before you run across a flyer online? Are they more popular sites i could go to first if so?
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 AM
rajul

When you are joining a flying session, you do an internet search and end up with results like I have attached here. You then choose the session you wish to join. You can see the number of flyers in that session, and the scenery that the host has chosen. When you are joining, you cannot choose the scenery as that is the prerogative of the host. Of course when you host a session, it's up to you to choose the scenery you like.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19465.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1640629  
Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Valve floater

So you are going to start off in the last scenery you were in when you start the program then do the search? Choose the one you want to join then it will switch you to that hosts scenery automatically? The first time i did it i just happened to be in that scenery were they were. That`s what confused me. The trick is to find someone on line. It is very sporadic at this time.I guess the software is still new.Thanks for your help.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:00 AM
rajul

Yes, your scenery will switch to the host's scenery automatically.