Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Am I stuck buying Aerofly5 online?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:25 PM
campbellj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I stuck buying Aerofly5 online?

I live very close by to Houston Tx and called local hobby shops today (the ones listed on the aerofly website closest to me) and they do not carry Aerofly! It's a bummer because I would love to try it out before I buy it. (if I do) They really push RF to the max! Say it's the best hands down, and everything about RF is the best blah blah blah, I have tried RF, and have downloaded the demo's for RF and Phoenix online,, Phoenix looks and performs great, RF on the other hand is kind of shotty, the graphics of plane isn't that great, (probably due to my PC) but Iwould also like to see how well AF5 runs on my pc. Seems like the requirements for optimum performance on AF5 ishigher than RF orPhoenix, so I want tosee it runs well or not. I am a beginner to planes so physics is really important to me over graphics but of course graphics is still important. Since I am so new, Iam sure I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in physics between the 3, but from what I am reading online, RF seems to be more geared towards gamers, Phoenix seems to be geared towards heli's and I have no interest in heli's what so ever. Is Aerofly geared towards planes with the best physics? In the end Iwould just like to purchase the one I will learn the most from. I would hate to learn how to take off and land a few planes perfectly on a sim, and go out and crash my first real flight.

I would be happy with trying out AFPD, I found it really cheap from tower, but no go with that either. Any Suggestions?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:56 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Am I stuck buying Aerofly5 online?

What is your PC specification like? What type of video card do you have?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 AM
campbellj

I have about a 2 yr old laptop.  HP dv9000  2g ram, intel dual core 1.66ghz processor and nvidia geforce go 7600 graphics card.  I am thinking that the graphics card not having it's own memory might be a problem along with the processor speed.  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:02 AM
rajul

I think it's going to be too slow for AF5 but might be good enough for AFPD depending on whether its the 128 or 256Mb version. The plane physics in AFPD is excellent with realistic graphics and I would recommend it for IMAC and 3D flying.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 AM
campbellj

That's what I figured, it being to slow for AF5.   I don't know if it's the 128 or 256 version,  I don't really know that much about computers.  I guess it's better to find that out now than spend the money and it not work well.  Good thing is AFPD can be picked up cheap now days so it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.  Thanks for the help!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:17 AM
rajul

The plane physics of AFPD is comparable to AF5, so it's well worth it for your purpose