Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AFPD and Dynam 6ch Controller

Hello:

My old computer with installed AFPD and controller got stolen. I have the original AFPDCD's so I reinstalled on a new computer running Windows7 64 bit. I also updated to ver 1.11.07.21. I purchased a cheap Dynam 6ch USBcontroller. I know the controller works with W7 since I can calibrate it under the Devices and Printers/PPM. It also works with the Dynam simulator (if you can call it that). The problem is that when I load AFPD it loads to the main page (where you select the airport and plane) and I get a new window saying ".....unable to locate the USBinterface cable / USBGamecommander..." I have pluged into different USBports with no succes(don't think that is the issue). Also, under device manager settings there is NOUSB Gamecommander and obviosuly nothing listed under IKARUSInterface or IKARUSCommander.

Any help provided to help solve this annoying issue is greatly appreciated because the itch to fly R/C airplanes and helicopters is killing me!!

Many thanks in advance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: AFPD and Dynam 6ch Controller

Your original AFPD game controller incorporates a security code so that it will work with AFPD. Without the original GC or usb interface, AFPD will not work.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info. So, where can I get a controller replacement? How much are they? Since you are the rep for Ikarus (AFPD) - I think you may lead the way....

Thanks for your answer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you have lost the controller or usb interface, it is not possible to get a replacement. You would have to purchase AFPD again.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I do believe that is ridiculous. It is the software that is worth the most money. I understand there are piracy issues, but this is too far fetched particularly when I can provide the serial number of the disks. Why would I re-buy a game/controller for $200 again because my controller does not work? I urge you to please consider another avenue - I already paid $30 for a new controller. I paid good money and was very happy with AFPD. If this is the way Ikarus wants to do business, and I must re-buy then I plan to switch to another simulator as I think their customer support will be better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can get a replacement for a game controller or usb interface but you would have to return the faulty unit to Ikarus. Lost game controllers or usb interfaces are not replaceable as these are open to fraud.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator