Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Game Commander

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:11 PM
iflytailies
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Game Commander

When buying the interface version of AFPD or Aerofly 5, is it possible to connect the game commander (purchased separately) without the need to buy an adapter cable? If an adapter cable is necessary, is it the 31036? Thanks
Old 10-01-2011, 07:27 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Game Commander

I would highly recommend using a programmable transmitter to use with the usb interface version. You will be able to use all your programmable functions with AFPD or AF5 and this really brings out all the powerful features. Another benefit which is practical is that you're using the same radio that you're using in the field and this is important as it gives you the feel of your own radio.

To answer your question: Yes, you can get the Ikarus slave game commander and this will work if you plug in the original usb interface into your computer. But as I said, the game commander has no programmable functions such as dual rates, mixes, and the feel of the radio and gimbals is inferior. So, if you have a nice programmable radio, get the usb interface version with the proper adapter for your radio. You don't need the GC.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:44 PM
iflytailies
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so just to be clear: the game commander (purchased separately) can be connected with the original cable, that came with the interface version?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:47 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, you cannot connect the slave GC to the usb cable. If you wish to use a slave GC with the interface version, you would have to plug both the slave GC and the usb cable into separate usb ports in your computer. You have to plug in the usb cable too as it contains the security key that enables AFPD or AF5. Hope this helps