Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aerofly Pro Deluxe issue with an i3 processor

Hello,

I recently upgraded my laptop to a Toshiba C670-17L with Windows 7 operating system. It has 6G ram, an i3 processor (i3-2330M) with an integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics card. I installed Aerofly pro deluxe successfully and it runs ok, my only complaint is that there is a slight delay in inputs from the transmitter being replicated by the sim. The delay isn't much but it is enough to be noticed when flying snaps rolls etc. Is there anything I can do to reduce the delay?

I am also thinking of upgrading to Aerofly 5. Would I encounter the same issue with this latest sim?

Thank you,

Angus
    Core competition values and principles - the set of standards that all associations and their CDs must adhere to in order to ensure fair play and inclusion

Those people charged with running competitions must treat competitors with respect, equality and inclusiveness. They must act with integrity, transparency and democracy in order to ensure that good sportsmanship, fair play and excellence prevail. The contributions, needs and values of all competitors must be taken into account at all times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aerofly Pro Deluxe issue with an i3 processor

I have been using the sim some more tonight and at times it appears "jerky", almost like the laptop is struggling to keep up which I'm amazed at given the spec of my laptop. The shadow of the plane is also a square, not the outline of the aeroplane. Any ideas?
    Core competition values and principles - the set of standards that all associations and their CDs must adhere to in order to ensure fair play and inclusion

Those people charged with running competitions must treat competitors with respect, equality and inclusiveness. They must act with integrity, transparency and democracy in order to ensure that good sportsmanship, fair play and excellence prevail. The contributions, needs and values of all competitors must be taken into account at all times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Angus, the integrated graphics is not compatible with AFPD and AF5. You will need a good Nvidia or ATI 3D graphics card which is compatible with OpenGL version 2.0 and above. The recommended system and graphics card specs for AFPD can be found here http://www.aerofly.com/afpd/requirements.html

AF5 has higher requirements for the system and graphics card http://www.aerofly.com/requirements_en.html I would always recommend to invest in a good graphics card that can meet new software developments in the next three to four years.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Mike, I was looking at the Open GL compatibility with the Intel HD graphics controllers and the Intel site states that the latest HD graphics drivers provide support for Open GL 2.1.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-031105.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Angus, the symptoms that you described are typical of graphics card/driver issues. I have no experience with the newer Intel on-board graphics but it could be the case that the drivers are not optimized. Try updating the driver. I would also not expect high fps from it.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html