Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Aerofly Pro Deluxe issue with an i3 processor

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly Pro Deluxe issue with an i3 processor

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Angus Balfour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly Pro Deluxe issue with an i3 processor

Hello,

I recently upgraded my laptop to a Toshiba C670-17L with Windows 7 operating system. It has 6G ram, an i3 processor (i3-2330M) with an integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics card. I installed Aerofly pro deluxe successfully and it runs ok, my only complaint is that there is a slight delay in inputs from the transmitter being replicated by the sim. The delay isn't much but it is enough to be noticed when flying snaps rolls etc. Is there anything I can do to reduce the delay?

I am also thinking of upgrading to Aerofly 5. Would I encounter the same issue with this latest sim?

Thank you,

Angus
Old 12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Angus Balfour

Default RE: Aerofly Pro Deluxe issue with an i3 processor

I have been using the sim some more tonight and at times it appears "jerky", almost like the laptop is struggling to keep up which I'm amazed at given the spec of my laptop. The shadow of the plane is also a square, not the outline of the aeroplane. Any ideas?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:36 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Angus, the integrated graphics is not compatible with AFPD and AF5. You will need a good Nvidia or ATI 3D graphics card which is compatible with OpenGL version 2.0 and above. The recommended system and graphics card specs for AFPD can be found here http://www.aerofly.com/afpd/requirements.html

AF5 has higher requirements for the system and graphics card http://www.aerofly.com/requirements_en.html I would always recommend to invest in a good graphics card that can meet new software developments in the next three to four years.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Angus Balfour

Hi Mike, I was looking at the Open GL compatibility with the Intel HD graphics controllers and the Intel site states that the latest HD graphics drivers provide support for Open GL 2.1.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-031105.htm
Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Angus, the symptoms that you described are typical of graphics card/driver issues. I have no experience with the newer Intel on-board graphics but it could be the case that the drivers are not optimized. Try updating the driver. I would also not expect high fps from it.