Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Helicopter not working on AFPD for MAC

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Helicopter not working on AFPD for MAC

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:48 AM
mmiranda10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helicopter not working on AFPD for MAC

Hi Mike,

Ipurchased AFPDfor mac in December and since then have not been able to get the helicopters to work. Ihave tried switching my transmitter on Heli mode, and this still does not work. Please advise as to what action is required so that Ican fly helicopters.

thanks,
Mike
Old 02-13-2012, 06:53 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Helicopter not working on AFPD for MAC

Hi Mike, could you describe in more detail the problem you're facing? Are you getting any error messages in AFPD? Please also post a photo of your cable connections from your computer to the radio. Thanks
Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 AM
mmiranda10

I cannot post a photo right not because I am not in front of the program.

But basically, Ido not get an error message. I have no problems flying planes, but when Iselect a helicopter, the helicopter does not respond. Isee the helicopter on the screen, but when Ithrottle up nothing happens. If i select a helicopter with landing gear, the landing gear switch works, but nothing else does.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:47 AM
rajul

What type of radio are you using? How did you do your setup and calibration for helis in AFPD? Did you use the basic or advanced setup?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:54 AM
mmiranda10

Ihave the Futaba 6ex and did the basic setup.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 AM
rajul

I think it is a channel assignment problem. I would suggest that you read through section 10 of your manual on calibration and basic/advanced setup but I have given you a summary below:

When you go to "controls", in the "aircraft control settings" page, make sure that the dot for the "new usb interface/GC" corresponds to "aircraft 1". Then go to "properties". You should be in the basic channel asignment page.

If you are new to AFPD I would suggest that you use the basic channel assignment (when you are more experienced, you could use the advanced channel assigment). Type a name for this new configuration e.g. "Game Commander - Heli" or "Radio 1 - Heli" in the configuration box below. Move your controller sticks and you should see the bars at the bottom moving. Assign one channel at a time e.g. start with your elevator stick, move it and see which bar moves. Then place the dot at the position corresponding to elevator/cyclic pitch function. Do the same thing for rudder stick (assign to rudder/tailrotor function), aileron stick (assign to aileron/roll function), throttle stick (assign to throttle/collective pitch function), etc.

Use the advanced channel assignment when you are more experienced. Here, you can setup for instance throttle and collective pitch independently (you can set throttle curves and pitch curves with a programmable radio). To enter the advanced setup menu, click on the "advanced" tab below the basic channel assignment page. Move your controller sticks and you should see the bars at the left moving. Again, assign one channel at a time e.g. start with your elevator stick (assign to cyclic pitch function 17), move it and see which bars moves. Then click on the channel tab on the right. A "select channel" menu will open (you can scroll up or down the page to search). Move your controller stick and see which bar is moving. Then click on anywhere on the bar that is moving and the correct channel will be selected. Close the "select channel" menu to go back to the advanced setup menu and you will see that the proper channel has been assigned to the elevator. Do the same thing for rudder stick (assign to tailrotor function 19), aileron stick (assign to roll function 18), throttle stick (assign to engine function 20 and collective pitch function 16), etc. Then do a calibration (place all channel trims to the center and disable all program mixes in your programmable radio). Then fly your model. If you find that there are any function that are reversed, then go back to the controls page and tick the reverse box.

Then do a calibration (place all channel trims to the center and disable all program mixes in your programmable radio). Then fly your model. If you find that there are any function that are reversed, then go back to the controls page and tick the reverse box. You must do a calibration again.