Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Final Questions B4 (Probby) Buying AFPD

I like the reviews, I like that the graphics & physics are sophisticated. I'm a little worried that it's not as prevalent as RealFlight or Phoenix...or that it might get 'orphaned' in lieu of the newer/flashier/better (?)/way too $$ Aerofly 5. But for $130, I think it's the best for the $$, so....

-Will the supplied USB cord/system work 'as-is' with my new Hitec Eclipse 7 Pro radio? BTW, this radio's interfaces/plugs/etc. are common with the Hitec Aurora 9 ('stereo jack'), not the older/std. Hitec plugs. It LOOKS like AFPD's cord has a stereo plug, but I can't be sure (and I think I need a 'mono-plug' not true 'stereo' for simulators & 'stereo' is for buddy boxing).

-Can I rig my Tx to work WIRELESSLY with this? If so, what do I need?

-Can I use/load this on both of my computers...right? My desktop is a 2010 Dell 8100 XPS with an i7 Core chip & good nVidia GTX 260 graphics card...and my laptop is even better; an Asus G74 gaming computer w/i7 'Sandy Bridge' chip & nVidia GForce GTX 560 graphics card.

Because this is coming out of Europe, I need to make sure of complete compatibility before I order.

Thanks!
    \"I feel like I\'m taking CRAZY PILLS!!\" Mugatu

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Final Questions B4 (Probby) Buying AFPD

Hi D, my answers are in brackets below:

-Will the supplied USB cord/system work 'as-is' with my new Hitec Eclipse 7 Pro radio? BTW, this radio's interfaces/plugs/etc. are common with the Hitec Aurora 9 ('stereo jack'), not the older/std. Hitec plugs. It LOOKS like AFPD's cord has a stereo plug, but I can't be sure (and I think I need a 'mono-plug' not true 'stereo' for simulators & 'stereo' is for buddy boxing).

[The AFPD usb interface cable comes with a 3.5mm stereo plug. The A9 uses a 3.5mm stereo plug. If the Eclipse 7 is the same, then no adapter cable is needed]

-Can I rig my Tx to work WIRELESSLY with this? If so, what do I need?

[If you're using a 72Mhz radio, then you'll need to get the AWC system http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...%29-in-40-MHz/ I can't see this being offered in the Ikarus USA website but give them a call to see if you could order one. It is available in the Ikarus Germany website

If you're using a 2.4GHz system, you'll need to get the Single Line Converter http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...f8b18.28675766

Anyway, I think that if you're using a normal computer monitor and sitting right in front of it, it's really not necessary to go wireless]

-Can I use/load this on both of my computers...right? My desktop is a 2010 Dell 8100 XPS with an i7 Core chip & good nVidia GTX 260 graphics card...and my laptop is even better; an Asus G74 gaming computer w/i7 'Sandy Bridge' chip & nVidia GForce GTX 560 graphics card.

[You could install AFPD in more than one computer, as long as you use the same usb interface cable]

Because this is coming out of Europe, I need to make sure of complete compatibility before I order.

[You could order directly from Ikarus USA. Hope this helps!]

Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html