Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Final Questions B4 (Probby) Buying AFPD

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Final Questions B4 (Probby) Buying AFPD

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final Questions B4 (Probby) Buying AFPD

I like the reviews, I like that the graphics & physics are sophisticated. I'm a little worried that it's not as prevalent as RealFlight or Phoenix...or that it might get 'orphaned' in lieu of the newer/flashier/better (?)/way too $$ Aerofly 5. But for $130, I think it's the best for the $$, so....

-Will the supplied USB cord/system work 'as-is' with my new Hitec Eclipse 7 Pro radio? BTW, this radio's interfaces/plugs/etc. are common with the Hitec Aurora 9 ('stereo jack'), not the older/std. Hitec plugs. It LOOKS like AFPD's cord has a stereo plug, but I can't be sure (and I think I need a 'mono-plug' not true 'stereo' for simulators & 'stereo' is for buddy boxing).

-Can I rig my Tx to work WIRELESSLY with this? If so, what do I need?

-Can I use/load this on both of my computers...right? My desktop is a 2010 Dell 8100 XPS with an i7 Core chip & good nVidia GTX 260 graphics card...and my laptop is even better; an Asus G74 gaming computer w/i7 'Sandy Bridge' chip & nVidia GForce GTX 560 graphics card.

Because this is coming out of Europe, I need to make sure of complete compatibility before I order.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Final Questions B4 (Probby) Buying AFPD

Hi D, my answers are in brackets below:

-Will the supplied USB cord/system work 'as-is' with my new Hitec Eclipse 7 Pro radio? BTW, this radio's interfaces/plugs/etc. are common with the Hitec Aurora 9 ('stereo jack'), not the older/std. Hitec plugs. It LOOKS like AFPD's cord has a stereo plug, but I can't be sure (and I think I need a 'mono-plug' not true 'stereo' for simulators & 'stereo' is for buddy boxing).

[The AFPD usb interface cable comes with a 3.5mm stereo plug. The A9 uses a 3.5mm stereo plug. If the Eclipse 7 is the same, then no adapter cable is needed]

-Can I rig my Tx to work WIRELESSLY with this? If so, what do I need?

[If you're using a 72Mhz radio, then you'll need to get the AWC system http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...%29-in-40-MHz/ I can't see this being offered in the Ikarus USA website but give them a call to see if you could order one. It is available in the Ikarus Germany website

If you're using a 2.4GHz system, you'll need to get the Single Line Converter http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/onlin...f8b18.28675766

Anyway, I think that if you're using a normal computer monitor and sitting right in front of it, it's really not necessary to go wireless]

-Can I use/load this on both of my computers...right? My desktop is a 2010 Dell 8100 XPS with an i7 Core chip & good nVidia GTX 260 graphics card...and my laptop is even better; an Asus G74 gaming computer w/i7 'Sandy Bridge' chip & nVidia GForce GTX 560 graphics card.

[You could install AFPD in more than one computer, as long as you use the same usb interface cable]

Because this is coming out of Europe, I need to make sure of complete compatibility before I order.

[You could order directly from Ikarus USA. Hope this helps!]