Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How do I get My Aeroflt Pro USB dongle replaced?

Hello
    I have had my Aerofly Pro for some time and the USB device has become undependable. If you touch the shrink tube area when you are flying you will lose contact with the controller. There is obviously an open circuit within the shrink tube. I would like to get this item replaced.

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you for your time.
    Wild Hare 540 Edge-V1/V2 DA-50 JR9303 WH Cap-232 85\" Evolution 58 WH Ultimate WH SU-26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: How do I get My Aeroflt Pro USB dongle replaced?

Blue, how long ago did you purchase it? It has a two-year warranty period with proof of purchase.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi
    Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I have had my Aerofly pro much longer than 2 years. I am tempted to go at this dongle with a knife and a volt meter to see where the issue lies. Just in case I fail at resurrecting this gadget what is the outlook at a replacement. It is one of my more expensive pieces of software.
    Wild Hare 540 Edge-V1/V2 DA-50 JR9303 WH Cap-232 85\" Evolution 58 WH Ultimate WH SU-26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was looking at the Aerofly 5 upgrade and I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade to the Game Commander vertion seeing that my dongle has flown the coop. After all the agrivation I have had with using existing radio gear I think its time I give in and use the controler that comes with the simulator.

Thank you again for your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi blue, I would suggest that you purchase a replacement usb cable from Ikarus USA. The replacement cable will be of the latest "usb key" design, and you will be able to use it when you choose to upgrade to AF5. I would suggest that you continue to use the usb interface version, instead of the game commander version, because this will allow you to use all the programmable functions in your computer radio, and if you use the same radio in the field you benefit from having the same "feel" of the radio as when you're using Aerofly.

The old usb interface cable has to be returned to Ikarus USA. The cable will be exchanged for $29.95 plus S&H 8.95. Call Frank Heinrich and ask him also about the AF5 upgrade cost.

IKARUS-USA,
    Service Department
    1136 NE Pine Island Road, Unit 83
    Cape Coral, FL 33909
    Phone: 877-550-AERO (2376)
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html