Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Noob questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Neko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob questions

Beautiful graphics! And I just love having a full-out simulator on my Mac. A few questions.

The "crash" sound is painfully loud and painful relative to everything else. Is there a way to turn it down or off, without turning other sounds off?

In the Sound settings dialog, what are "Extras"?

Is there a way to store a position/orientation/velocity and restart a flight from there? RealFlight has this option, and it's useful for practicing landings since you can set a position up in the air, just off the runway for restarting each flight.

Thanks,

David
Old 09-10-2012, 03:06 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Noob questions

You would have to manually modify the "crash-ground.wav" and "crash-water.wav" sound files in the SOUND folder. You could use a free .wav editing software like Audacity to reduce the audio gain.

The "extras" sound setting is for the sound effects in the "extras" features in the main menu, for example "balloon pop".

AF5 doesn't offer a feature yet for storing a position, perhaps in later versions.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Neko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I will replace the crash.wav file with the theme song from My Little Pony. (Ok. That's supposed to be a joke.)

Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have fun