Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aerofly Pro Deluxe running slow

Hi,

I am currently using Aerofly Pro Deluxe on my lap top. The sim works great when first installed but when the lap top is switched off then on again the sim works noticeably more slowly. The laptop is an Acer 7738G, Intel Core 2 Duo processor (2.2GHz) and the graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M. Do you have any suggestions as to why it would run slower after switching off and on and how I can cure this fault? I formatted the hard drive as well to make sure there were no viruses/malware but this has not helped.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Core competition values and principles - the set of standards that all associations and their CDs must adhere to in order to ensure fair play and inclusion

Those people charged with running competitions must treat competitors with respect, equality and inclusiveness. They must act with integrity, transparency and democracy in order to ensure that good sportsmanship, fair play and excellence prevail. The contributions, needs and values of all competitors must be taken into account at all times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aerofly Pro Deluxe running slow

It could be some program or application running in the background, or it could be the laptop power management settings? Are you running ac or dc? These could reduce the main/graphics processor resources available for AFPD.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe I've stopped all programs running in the back ground which made no difference. The lap top is running on its DC power supply which is connected to the mains obviously. However, my battery was loose in the bottom of the lap top but even when this was inserted correctly it does not make any difference to the sim speed.
    Core competition values and principles - the set of standards that all associations and their CDs must adhere to in order to ensure fair play and inclusion

Those people charged with running competitions must treat competitors with respect, equality and inclusiveness. They must act with integrity, transparency and democracy in order to ensure that good sportsmanship, fair play and excellence prevail. The contributions, needs and values of all competitors must be taken into account at all times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Which scenery are you running, and what are your graphics settings like?
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It still does it regardless of scenery. It is slightly improved with the texture quality on low but still running more slowly than it should.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The AFPD software will not change any internal settings by itself. I would suggest you check your laptop and graphics card settings and set the performance to max. I would also run an antivirus and adware (e.g. Adaware) to eliminate any malicious programs running in the background.
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator