Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly 5 Demo

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:59 PM
blah112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerofly 5 Demo

Hello!

Aerofly 5 looks beautiful, but youtube videos don't do it justice. I don't have that much money, so I can't just justify a huge purchase like this without actually trying it. There is no demo for the simulator. Is it possible you all could make one that simply has one plane and one heli and is controllable with the keyboard like RealFlight has done? Then I can see what it really looks like and if it works smoothly on my computer.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 11:50 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly 5 Demo

Thanks for your suggestion. At the moment AFPD and AF5 do not have online demos or trial versions. The concern that the developers have is that by using a keyboard, it is pretty hard to control the model and get an accurate feeling of the flight characteristics and physics, which is where AFPD and AF5 excels (apart from the realistic graphics). I guess the best way is to get hold of a friend or your rc club member who has AF5 and arrange to give it a try. Or you could try it a try at your nearest hobby store.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:52 PM
supershark

I agree about the high cost of flight simulators. For what they cost, you can have between one and three nice-flying trainers and learn the hard way. To me, it seems to defeat the purpose of a flight sim.
I understand that the realistic radio-style joystick can drive up cost. But I have two ideas and I'm wondering if those have been considered.

The idea I prefer is, how about using your actual radio transmitter and a receiver, that will use your actual crystal in both; except that the receiver would feed into your computer just like a joystick would. That way, you get a realistic application without having to spend all that money on a dedicated sim controller.

The other idea is, why not make it compatible with a regular joystick? I know it's not totally ideal, but even that would be much better than pressing keys on a keyboard.

And finally, would options like these drive the price of a simulator down to affordable levels for middle class people for whom $300 is still a lot of money?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Gordks

It is a shame they feel that way. I am pretty sure there was a demo a few years back. Or maybe it was just a much better on line presentation that let you see it better.

I too am not going to put out that kind of money without trying the product first, and the product is so poorly distributed in NA that no shop anywhere near here carries it. But there is a RealFlight demo set up in most shops. And there is a downloadable, flyable demo available for Realflight as well. And guess what. I have RealFlight as a result. Aerofly does look really great but it is never really going to sell well in the USand Canada unless they get off their duffs and do a little work to develop a downloadable demo that will allow a prospective customer to fly it with his own controller to actually evaluate and compare those flight characteristics and physics to the others. If it is so darned good, and worth that much money, it should also be worth their time to create a demo and prove it.

Gord