Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Dx61 issues

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dx61 issues

I just got my Aerofly sim in the mail and installed it. This is my first sim. too. Anyway, it is not recognizing my remote. I just ordered this direct from Ikarus in Florida and they sent me all the required cables. The software is all loaded fine there just seems to be an issue communicating with my spektrum. I hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance. Here is a picture of my set up -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dx61 issues

Connect up your cables to the computer and radio as per the diagram. Although the DX6 radio is DSM (not PCM or PPM), the signal from the trainer port is tapped before any modulation is applied and is PPM compatible, and therefore works with AFPD/AF5. Leave the DX6 switched off before plugging in the adapter cable. The radio will automatically switch on when the adapter cable is plugged into the radio. The radio will not work with AFPD/AF5 if it is manually switched on before inserting the adapter cable. You would need to disable the trainer mode in the radio as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk25399.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	1855076  
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator
    Aerofly Support Representative http://www.aerofly.com/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm still having the same problem though. When you say disable the trainer mode, do you mean to push the trainer switch on the top of the remote after I plug up the connection(s) with power off? 

I just moved from ground RC to the sky and this is all new to me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hmmm. I followed your directions and no go. When I first fire it up it says no r/c  remote found then it says remote detected and to calibrate, then I go to the remote calibrations it shows no channels to calibrate. This is more frustrating than just taking a chance and flying my new helicopter 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At start up it shows this -

Then when I click it off it immediately shows this -

When I go to the calibration screen it doesn't show my remote -

I've gone through this about 100 times this afternoon and each time the same issue. I would love to resolve this soon(tonight) with your help Rajul. Thanks in advance! You are the only one from your company that is responding to me after I just spent $250 Tuesday.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't have a DX6i to test out but I managed to download a copy of the manual from Horizon. OK, what you need to do firstly is to create a new aircraft (plane or heli) for flight simulator use. If you are not familiar with how to do this, please refer to your user manual for the DX6i. The next step is to select "Heli" or "Acro" as the Model Type. Now, name your Model something that will be easy for you to recognize later like "Aerofly". Then do the setup for the aircraft.

I checked the manual and for the DX6i, there is no software setting to able/disable trainer mode. So, just leave it as it is. With the main power switch off, does the radio come on when you plug the adapter cord into the trainer port behind the radio?

If you managed to reach the calibration setup, there should be a connection established. There could be some intermittent connection somewhere along the cables. Did you push all the male/female connectors fully in? How does the mono plug fit into the trainer port of the radio? Does it fit snugly or there is still some gap between the plug and socket? Sometimes due to mechanical tolerances of the socket and plug design, there could be some intermittent connection. If you "jiggle" and push the plug at the trainer port, do you see Aerofly showing the connection going on and off?

The calibration screen will only show a default picture of a controller and not an image of the controller you're using. That does not matter. I suggest you read through the setup and calibration procedure in the Aerofly manual. I'm sure the DX6i works with Aerofly as can be seen here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7886489/tm.htm

Please ensure that you have also updated to the latest version 5.7.7.1 http://www.aerofly.com/downloads_en.html
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Once again, Thanks for the reply/help! I have already selected a new model on my Dx61 but it still will not recognize. I went ahead and registered the disc and now it doesn't even offer a calibration window. I have to go to CONTROLLER at the top of screen. I then click scan for new controller and it doesn't see it. The below screen then shows with no input received frm my Dx6i on any channel. I can do Mickey Mouse arrow controls but nothing with my Dx6i.

I now have spent hours trying to get this sim. going to no avail and now since I "registered" it.....I'm stuck.

Here is my new AF(aerofly) model in my remote. -
    Here is a screenshot of calibration screen. After registering it will NOT show the "controller not calibrated" pop-up. Instead I go to the controller heading at top of screen and I get the below screenshot. But it says no input from remote detected -
    Again thanks for your help. You are great!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With the main power switch off, does the radio come on when you plug the adapter cord into the trainer port behind the radio?

Did you push all the male/female connectors fully in? How does the mono plug fit into the trainer port of the radio? Does it fit snugly or there is still some gap between the plug and socket? Sometimes due to mechanical tolerances of the socket and plug design, there could be some intermittent connection. If you "jiggle" and push the plug at the trainer port, do you see Aerofly showing the connection going on and off?
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rajul

With the main power switch off, does the radio come on when you plug the adapter cord into the trainer port behind the radio?

Yes

Did you push all the male/female connectors fully in? How does the mono plug fit into the trainer port of the radio? Does it fit snugly or there is still some gap between the plug and socket?

All plugs appear to be fitting fine and tight. I even just tried to wiggle them and see if a positive connection occured but it didn't.

Sometimes due to mechanical tolerances of the socket and plug design, there could be some intermittent connection. If you "jiggle" and push the plug at the trainer port, do you see Aerofly showing the connection going on and off?

I'm at a complete loss here???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also check that the orange cable is on the correct side of the usb stick.

Is your AF5 updated to version 5.7.7.1?
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rajul

Also check that the orange cable is on the correct side of the usb stick.

Is your AF5 updated to version 5.7.7.1?
    The orange cable is next to the mini rca port on the usb stick. I just downloaded the update 2 hours ago after I registered. After registering, it still shows me this at start up -

But not this anymore. I go to the top and click on the controller tab -

I've read the complete manual since last night for both the Aerofly and Dx6i. At least I understand everything about my new remote now.

I am out of tryable options unless you have something for me. And thank you again!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could you share some details about your computer specifications and graphics card?
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem.-

Processor  2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AF5 is not compatible with Intel HD3000/4000. You need a good 3D graphics processor. This could be related to the issue that you're seeing, and also explain the low fps message you're getting. The computer system and graphics processor requirements for mac can be found here http://www.aerofly.com/requirements_en.html Do you have another mac system you could use to run AF5? Otherwise you could try to return the AF5 for a refund?
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the system requirements from the link you provided and it doesn't indicate that mine will not work. 

Minimum

- Intel based Apple Mac computer with Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7
      - 1 GB RAM
      - 16 GB free hard disc space
      - OpenGL Version 2.1 compatible 3D-graphics card from NVDIA or
        ATI with 256 MB ( As fast as NVIDIA 9400 or ATI Radeon HD 2400 )

I definitely believe you though. I just registered it too. I guess i will have to contact my CC company for a refund and FedEx this thing right back to them on Monday. 

[:@]

Thank you a million for all your help. You are a great resource and asset to Aerofly and this forum.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's not possible to list all the graphics processors. But as a benchmark, the Intel 3000/4000 processors are too slow for AF5. Anyway, if you plan to run a good flight simulator, I would recommend that you invest in a good 3D graphics card, something that would at least be compatible with new flight sims 2-3 years down the road. Graphics cards get obsolete fast with newer and more demanding software technologies!

Having said that, a flight sim will save you a lot of money (from crash damage) AND you get to learn and progress much faster in basic flight and aerobatics.

All the best to you!
    Mike Marks
    RCU Moderator