Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

New! - Aerofly RC 7

Old 01-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Flakpak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rajul, I will attempt to attach a photo of my connections (haven't done this before on a forum). These are the same connections as I used for Aerofly PDL, and I have sent the same photo to Ikarus but received no comment on the connections, only a link to some instructions on changing the graphics settings from global to nVidia (I have an nVidia GTX660.

I tried that and the resultant images were not as sharp as before, which were excellent, so have changed back to the global settings.

Sorry, no time to work out how to attach photo - will send an email tomorrow

Cheers,
Flakpak
Old 01-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Flakpak

Originally Posted by Flakpak
Thanks Rajul, I will attempt to attach a photo of my connections (haven't done this before on a forum). These are the same connections as I used for Aerofly PDL, and I have sent the same photo to Ikarus but received no comment on the connections, only a link to some instructions on changing the graphics settings from global to nVidia (I have an nVidia GTX660.

I tried that and the resultant images were not as sharp as before, which were excellent, so have changed back to the global settings.

Sorry, no time to work out how to attach photo - will send an email tomorrow

Cheers,
Flakpak
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Aerofly PDL set-up.JPG
Views:	2183
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1961880  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flakpak, your GTX 660 is an excellent graphics card. However, please ensure that you have installed the latest driver directly from nvidia.

Which model of transmitter are you using?

Last edited by rajul; 01-27-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Flakpak

Rajul,

Am using a Spectrum DX7.

I thought this transmitter and adapter cable worked fine with AFPDL (on my older PC), but when I tried it just now there were some tiny glitches - it occasionally stepped back a frame or two, which I may not have noticed in the past.

There's no sign of damage or wear to the cable at the adapter connectors, but when I tried AFRC7 back on the new PC I found I could turn the wheelbrakes on and off by slightly bending the cable next to the connector that goes into the transmitter ! Moving the connector itself doesn't have that effect so I'm hoping its the cable that's at fault and not the transmitter socket, and will obtain a new adapter cable.

As for the graphics driver, I hope it is up to date as I had the PC made to order in November. I have just been on the nVidia website which offers a free scan and download of the latest driver, but sent me down a route requiring $30.

I'll be seeing my PC supplier in the morning.

Regards
Flakpak
Old 01-29-2014, 12:20 AM
smok

It must have been a scam website, I do not think Nvidia charges for downloads.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:42 AM
Flakpak

Thanks, smok for that info, will check it out.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:49 AM
smok

Nvidia drivers should be available (for free) at the official Nvidia GeForce drivers page, at: http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

That is where nvidia.com takes you when you select UK location and then Drivers, so that are the same drivers as from Nvidia.com ( well it's the same site, just a tailored URL ).

Last edited by smok; 01-29-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM
rajul

Originally Posted by Flakpak
Rajul,

Am using a Spectrum DX7.

I thought this transmitter and adapter cable worked fine with AFPDL (on my older PC), but when I tried it just now there were some tiny glitches - it occasionally stepped back a frame or two, which I may not have noticed in the past.

There's no sign of damage or wear to the cable at the adapter connectors, but when I tried AFRC7 back on the new PC I found I could turn the wheelbrakes on and off by slightly bending the cable next to the connector that goes into the transmitter ! Moving the connector itself doesn't have that effect so I'm hoping its the cable that's at fault and not the transmitter socket, and will obtain a new adapter cable.

As for the graphics driver, I hope it is up to date as I had the PC made to order in November. I have just been on the nVidia website which offers a free scan and download of the latest driver, but sent me down a route requiring $30.

I'll be seeing my PC supplier in the morning.

Regards
Flakpak
Flakpak, thanks for performing the simple test with AFPD. It looks like you have an intermittent connection. Please check that the adapter cable plug is fully pushed into the trainer port socket. If that is already done, then it is best to change your adapter cable. If you have some soldering experience, you could buy a 3.5mm mono plug and replace the old plug yourself.

Drivers for graphics cards, whether ATI or nvidia, are always downloadable free of charge! You could have been directed to a scam website. I would suggest that you scan your PC for adware and malware. Please check and download the latest driver directly from nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Old 01-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Flakpak

I exited that scam website without paying the $30, and then checked the connection, finding the suspect cable. Then I searched in the old AFPDL box and found a spare connector cable, included free of charge by Sussex Model Centre but surplus to my requirement at that time and long since forgotten. With this, Bingo - everything worked fine!

Then, this morning I decided to check the graphics driver anyway, and found the genuine Nvidia website, downloaded the latest driver and selected the quick installation (recommended). The routine extracted the existing driver but the installation of the new one failed, so I tried again, this time selecting manual installation but it still failed. Giving up on this, I checked to see if Aerofly could still be opened, and it couldn't , so this afternoon I took the PC to the dealer, who sorted it out and advised that where drivers are concerned "if it ain't broke don't fix it"!

Many thanks for all the help and advice. I must say it has been worth the effort. I am not an expert model flyer and haven't tried all the features of AFRC7, but many are immediately apparent, such as the ease of setting wind direction and being able to view all of the flying field, move the model's position on the ground etc.

Regards
Flakpak
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Bibus48

Hello!

I've downloaded Aerofly RC 7 from Applestore and bought the USB-EasyCommander (3034012) at IKARUS.
Before buying the commander I had sent an email to IKARUS to make sure that this transmitter could be used on Macintosh.
The answer was "Yes".
I ordered and got the transmitter today.
After plugging the USB on my Mac, I tried to configure the device on Aerofly RC 7, unsuccessfully...
Aerofly RC 7 doesn't find the IKARUS commander.
Can you help me?
Thank you!

Bibus48
Old 02-21-2014, 07:58 AM
Bibus48

This message appears when trying to configure the IKARUS USB-EasyCommander
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2014-02-21 à 12.58.23.png
Views:	2386
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1970766  
Old 02-21-2014, 08:52 AM
rajul

Bibus,

For the 3034012 gamecommander to work, you will need to install the latest update from app store.

Last edited by rajul; 02-21-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:06 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Hello, when buying the upgrade from the US site, what version is include in the upgrade price? Ultimate?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 AM
rajul

Originally Posted by computermonkey
Hello, when buying the upgrade from the US site, what version is include in the upgrade price? Ultimate?
Could you provide me the website link?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:27 AM
computermonkey

http://shop.ikarus-usa.com/
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 AM
rajul

If you're referring to the AF5 upgrade to RC7, it is to the ultimate version.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:17 AM
computermonkey

OK thanks.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:09 AM
carlb1120

I just installed AeroFly RC7 and I am having difficulty with the low and high rates. When I switch from low to high rates, I can see the sticks in the on screen transmitter move, but there is no corresponding movement in the control surface. I am using the same Tx as I used for AeroFly 5 and even went back and loaded the old program and the Tx's rate switch does make the appropriate changes to the movement of the control surfaces. I have scoured the manual and cannot see where this is addressed. I did see a section in the advanced controller setup that had settings for rate and expo, but I tried some setting changes there and was unsuccessful in making the switch work.

How do I change rates with my flight mode switch?
Thanks,
Carl
Old 03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
carlb1120

Originally Posted by carlb1120
I just installed AeroFly RC7 and I am having difficulty with the low and high rates. When I switch from low to high rates, I can see the sticks in the on screen transmitter move, but there is no corresponding movement in the control surface. I am using the same Tx as I used for AeroFly 5 and even went back and loaded the old program and the Tx's rate switch does make the appropriate changes to the movement of the control surfaces. I have scoured the manual and cannot see where this is addressed. I did see a section in the advanced controller setup that had settings for rate and expo, but I tried some setting changes there and was unsuccessful in making the switch work.

How do I change rates with my flight mode switch?
Thanks,
Carl
Found the answer. I went back and configured with Tx on high rates and that solved the issue.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:31 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a question: I just download the RC7 from Apple AP . I did not have time to setup the radio , but when I see the airplane list , it's only two or 3 jets! can a take the jets from Aerofly 5 and this war I will have a longer list to play?
Old 03-10-2014, 05:44 PM
jcterrettaz

I fixed , paid ...again ...$ 11 for the RC7 more planes , but only one more jets, c'est la vie.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Flakpak

I downloaded RC7-Ultimate version, which has 20 jets.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:34 AM
jcterrettaz

I ad to enter my Aerofly 5 produce key and I receive the full version but I have a feeling I have to pay more to get 20 jets.
But now I have a problem with the radio. I'm using a JR XG 14 / and Rg 731BX rX with the single line Ikarus converter , who was working fine until this morning. Then nothing ! try to rescan NADA.
I contacted Aerofly and I'm waiting to have some help.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:27 PM
jcterrettaz

Yes I have 20 jets but not much more choice than before. F20 is news but the other one are the same .....
I check the controls with the cable instead of the single line converter. It's working , I have 12 CH available , but it's erratic: ex ; the retract don't come off fully and it's on/off and very annoying ...With the single converter you have the channel from the receiver you are using and in my case it's very smooth , and the simulation is fine.
I'm tired to fight and today , finally the weather is OK , 3Celsius , I will fly a foamy jet outside......
Old 03-26-2014, 02:10 PM
2ManyRex

What's the best direct connect controller to use with Aerofly RC 7?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.