Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

How to Upgrade Aerofly5 to latest OSX version

Old 02-04-2018, 06:40 AM
ic-racer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default How to Upgrade Aerofly5 to latest OSX version

Attached is a screen shot from my Mac showing the only OSX software I can find with the search term "aerofly." None of the items look to be any kind of upgrade. What am I missing? How do I upgrade Aerofly5 for OSX to the latest version?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2018-02-04 at 9.37.59 AM.png
Views:	10
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	2253394  
Old 02-07-2018, 06:15 PM
ic-racer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No one knows the answer? No one has ever upgraded Aerofly5 on Macintosh?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:27 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have posted a reply to your other thread but here it is again:

The latest RC flight sim is the aeroflyRC7. There is no direct upgrade from AF5 to RC7, since you have to purchase RC7 standard first, then use the AF5 to get a discounted upgrade to RC7 ultimate

There are three versions of RC7 - standard, professional and ultimate. You have to buy the standard version first from app store.You cannot buy directly the professional or ultimate version. You have to buy the standard, and upgrade to the professional or ultimate through in-app purchase inside the RC7 menu. The possible upgrade paths are:

Standard -> Professional ( 59,99 Euro, 59,99 USD )
Standard -> Ultimate ( 99,99 Euro, 99,99 USD )
Professional -> Ultimate ( 39,99 Euro, 39,99 USD )
Standard -> Ultimate ( 14,99 Euro, 14,99 USD - reduced price for aerofly5 customers with a valid Product-Key!). You buy the standard aerofly RC7 from the Mac App Store. You will then see an In-App purchase option to upgrade from aerofly5. To activate this option enter your aerofly5 Product-Key. aerofly RC 7 will then check the key and if its valid you may buy the upgrade to the Ultimate edition.

You can get more details here
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aero...94308605?mt=12
and aerofly RC 7 - Shop

You can find the mac computer system and graphics card requirements here aerofly RC 7 - System requirements
Old 02-16-2018, 08:24 PM
ic-racer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you for your reply, looks like I will go that route!

You buy the standard aerofly RC7 from the Mac App Store. You will then see an In-App purchase option to upgrade from aerofly5. To activate this option enter your aerofly5 Product-Key. aerofly RC 7 will then check the key and if its valid you may buy the upgrade to the Ultimate edition.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:38 AM
ic-racer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I downloaded the AF7 through the Apple Store and on the left of the menu-bar there is an item "In-App Purcheses"
Through that menu item I was able to provide the serial number from the back of my Game Commander controller from AF5 and get the discount to upgrade to the AeroflyRC7 ULTIMATE.

In the AeroflyRC7 ULTIMATE, my Futaba controller works great through RX2SIM controller, just like the other software I use (NeXt, HeliX and AccuRC).

Thank you for your help.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:47 AM
ic-racer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In case any one cares, I had stopped using AF5 when I stopped flying planes and started flying helicopters. I tried to teach myself to fly the T-rex 450 on AF5 but it was too difficult and I gave up.

A few years later, after learning how to fly helicopters I re-loaded AF5 to my computer to see if I could fly that old T-rex 450 model. It was fun to go back to the model and now be able to actually fly it. In fact I even built a vintage full size version of the 450 from new-old-stock parts to fly in real life (having 'missed' the flybar era). I based my full size model on this screen-shot from AF5. The model seems to be a hybrid of some 450SE V1 and V2 components.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	921.3 KB
ID:	2254957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trex 450 SE V2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2254958  
Old 02-17-2018, 05:31 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
I downloaded the AF7 through the Apple Store and on the left of the menu-bar there is an item "In-App Purcheses"
Through that menu item I was able to provide the serial number from the back of my Game Commander controller from AF5 and get the discount to upgrade to the AeroflyRC7 ULTIMATE.

In the AeroflyRC7 ULTIMATE, my Futaba controller works great through RX2SIM controller, just like the other software I use (NeXt, HeliX and AccuRC).

Thank you for your help.
Congrats on the successful upgrade and good to know all is working fine now.