Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

New! - Aerofly RC 7

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 12:12 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New! - Aerofly RC 7

[TABLE="width: 900"]
[TR]
[TD]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Features
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD]All models instantly scaleable It sounds unbelievable, but with the aeroflyRC7 arrives a new function, which increases the model selection infinitely. Each model, whether fixed wing model or helicopters, can be adjusted in size, from 50% to 200% of the original size!
Users can i.e. shrink a jet with 2.4 m wingspan to 1.2 m wingspan or increase the wingspan up to 4.8 m. Scaling is accomplished very easy via a slider control in the model pull down menu. When changing the size, the weight and flight physics are automatically adjusted. With this function any scale model, aerobatic model, glider or helicopter can be transformed either into an agile mini model or a slower reacting large model.
With this unique feature, the users can create a virtually infinite variety from the over 200 included models and even your individual dream model. And all this with just a click of the mouse!

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Universal control

Universal for any simulator commander, remote control or joystick
When it comes to selecting the control device the user enjoys total freedom with the aeroflyRC7.
The aeroflyRC7 will recognize any USB commander, whether it’s an IKARUS commander or an RC transmitter with USB adapter. The user is no longer bound to any particular hardware. The commander of other flight simulators such as RealFlight and Phoenix can also be used. Of course, for those who don’t have a commander IKARUS offers a matching USB commander.
These control devices may be considered:
• Any previous IKARUS GameCommander
• Any RC transmitter with an IKARUS USB interface connector
• Any USB RC transmitter, even if they are not from IKARUS
• Any commercially available USB flight simulator joystick
• Any USB simulator cable, even if it’s not from IKARUS
• Any RC simulator commander, also those from other simulator brands
• Any USB gamepad
• Any USB mouse

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Over 200 models

A complete list would blow this release out of proportion, listing all the jets, aerobatic models, gliders, flying wings, electric, gas or turbine powered helicopters, quadrocopters, foam models, shock flyers, racing aircraft, multi engine aircraft, tandem helicopter and much, much more. With the aeroflyRC7 the user will get everything he has ever dreamed off as an RC model. The website www.ikarus.net features a model gallery showing virtually all models. You will find some highlights at the media gallery at the end of this press release.

Click here to see all the models in detail!

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Over 50 sceneries
The aeroflyRC7 is actually fully equipped making it the best IKARUS flight simulator of all time. There are extremely realistic photo sceneries of many American, European and worldwide existing model airfields and slopes. They are supplemented with fascinating 4D-sceneries with customizable visual and weather conditions, providing an incredible plus in flying fun through many challenges and follow mode flight. Among them are popular and unusual sceneries such as Las Vegas at night, and many more.

Click here to see all the sceneries in detail!

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Quadrocopter
Quadrocopters are the current trend. Flying them seems so easy, but there are basic things that you must practice to perfectly maneuver a quadrocopter. The detection of flight attitude at a considerable distance is only one aspect. With the aeroflyRC7 you can practice now to perfectly fly a quadrocopter.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Multicopter cockpit camera

The combination of 4D sceneries and cockpit camera opens up the whole world of multicopter flying. Users will experience flying in an FPV perspective. This is basically flying the model from the perspective of an onboard camera.
The 4D sceneries offer’s perfect practice opportunities. Fly through tunnels, cities and land on rooftops. This is a perfect and extremely realistic environment for practicing!

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Auto-Balance and Homebutton for multi copter

Like in the real you can choose between two flight modes. At the first one your multi copter is automatically stabilized and at the second one you`ll have full control about the model and its pure flight characteristics. Have fun and action with!
The homebutton brings your multi copter automatically back to the latest flight position – by the touch of a button!

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Have one eye on the ground

Take a quick look at the ground by easy touch of a button or fix the ground permanently in your field of view. These features helps to make a perfect approach!s.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Ultrarealistic glare effects

The graphics performance of the aerofly flight simulators is already known as the best all over the world. And yet the developers top it with yet another feature. Now glare effects can be activated. Those who enjoy flying in photorealistic sceneries won’t be able to tell the difference from reality. Only the aerofly is that good!

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Landing guide line

The best landing’s start with a clean approach.
To perfectly set up the final approach, the user is now able to insert a ground guide line, which moves in relation to the model aircraft. This line always runs parallel to the landing strip and is an indication for the pilot whether he is heading toward the landing field center or if he is flying offset to it.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]
  • Suitable for any Simulator Commander, RC transmitter or joystick!
  • All models are instantly scalable!
  • Immediately ready for download!
  • Over 200 models!
  • Over 50 sceneries!
  • Quadrocopters, electric and gas powered airplanes, helicopters, gliders,
    jets, and scale models!
  • Perfected aerofly flight physics for a realistic flight feeling
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
rajul

[TABLE]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Aerobatic box (F3A grid)
The aerobatics class has its own rules. One of the most important is to maintain certain altitude lines when performing aerobatic maneuvers. Overlaying a vertical aerobatic grid simplifies aerobatics training. Aerobatic pilots can target alignment, constant distance to the flight line as well as altitude.
Takeoff, landing, passes, thermal soaring, slope soaring or aerobatics, in all these disciplines, you will progress with a clean flying style. Thanks to the flight track display, all users can monitor their flight style.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Air race
Pilots can fly In the aeroflyRC7 4D sceneries against the clock on a defined race course. That’s an exciting competition requiring good flying skill and piloting experience.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Two player mode, multiplayer and voice chat

Two pilots can fly at the same time on one computer, for example with two equal models in synchronous flight, or with different ones in solo flight or perform even aero tow. Via the Internet up to 15 pilots may fly together in multiplayer mode in one scenery. Thanks to an integrated voice chat the pilots can even talk to one another.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Torque trainer with model alignment

Hover the model airplane like a helicopter hanging vertically on the propeller. Performing this maneuver requires quite some practicing. The torque trainer feature will help tremendously. For each control function the required support can be selected individually.
In addition the trainer can automatically point the model top toward the pilot. This is a great help for the first torque attempts.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Limbo flying
Limbo flying: fun and practice at the same time. Who does the most goal fly-troughs? Clearly the pilot with the best flying skill.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Hover flight trainer

Roll, pitch, throttle and yaw function: The simultaneous coordination of all four control functions is the secret behind helicopter flying. Initially the hover trainer takes over all functions and keeps the model at constant altitude. The pilot can gradually take over individual or all functions.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Balloon Popping
Popp the balloons and collect reward points. No matter whether you do it in pilot’s view on the ground or in the amazing 4D sceneries in follow mode, balloon popping is pure adrenalin.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Landing competition
Flying means landing safely. The landing competition literally requires accuracy and concentration during the landing approach. The better the landing, the higher your score!

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
rajul

[TABLE]
[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Replay and Recording Center
By simply touching a button, pilots can stop their flight at any point and rewind in 5 second increments. This is perfect to practice landing approaches or to undo even a crash and be able to master the situation better next time. For training purposes, or just for fun all flights can be recorded with the recording window and reviewed later from different perspectives.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Position indicator
What is the aircraft’s altitude? This question is being answered now by the position indicator. This is a great tool to practice a clean approach and to better access the landing pattern.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Orientation grid

aeroflyRC7, the top flight simulator from IKARUS, offers an orientation grid for the novice model pilot. It greatly helps to maintain orientation in the airspace. Even the landing approach is significantly easier.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Easy transmitter Setup
The transmitter calibration takes place via an interactive dialogue in the easySetup menu. At the end of the 5 steps, all control and special functions are programmed. With this default Setup the user can precisely fly all model aircraft.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Flight instruments
Altitude, attitude, speed and other important indicators can be displayed as overlay instruments.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Adjustable flight conditions

Wind, turbulence, thermals, visibility, time of day and cloud formation; in the 4D-sceneries the RC pilot may select his desired flight conditions and thus create realistic environments.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Flight path indicator
Takeoff, landing, slope soaring, in any cases you can control your style with the flight path indicator.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] 2 x 4 control modes

From mode 1 to mode 4, all known control modes are easily adjustable in the quick start menu. For pilots who do not push but pull the throttle all 4 modes are available, as well as inverted.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Mouse control

Those who don’t have a transmitter or joystick yet, can still fly the aeroflyRC7 initially with the mouse as transmitter replacement. In this mode a crosshair icon replaces the joystick allowing first flights.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[TD] Ultra realistic flight feeling

Ultra realistic flight feeling thanks to the entirely new aerofly flight physics
The aeroflyRC7 is based on a completely new realistic flight physic simulation. The processes calculated in real time have been expanded several times, creating the ultra realistic flight feeling of the aeroflyRC7. The even faster calculation, strictly based on the physical parameters has a noticeably affect on the flight behavior of the models.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 12-12-2013, 12:19 PM
rajul

Here's the direct link for Aerofly RC 7 http://www.ikarus.net/aeroflyrc-7/ae...tures/?lang=en

Enjoy the videos!

Last edited by rajul; 12-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:53 AM
ggunners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is RC7 compatible with Aerofly 5.7 models and scenery or is it completely different? -- ggunners
Old 12-14-2013, 05:50 AM
rajul

ggunners, some small adjustments are required. IPACS will release some updates and instructions around the first quarter of 2014.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Leohenriques

Hi I have the 5.7 version and want to purchase the upgrade 7 download do i need to purchase the 7 interface or my current is good

Thanks
Leo
Old 12-20-2013, 10:48 PM
rajul

Hi Leo, you can use the Aerofly5 usb interface that you have. You can see more information here http://www.ikarus.net/aeroflyrc-7/ae...ungen/?lang=en

Universal for RC-radio, USB-commander, gamepads or mouse
When it comes to selecting the control device the user enjoys total freedom! The aeroflyRC7 recognize any USB gamecontroller, whether it’s an IKARUS commander or an RC transmitter with USB adapter.

[TABLE="width: 900"]
[TR]
[TD] Compatible aeroflyRC7 acessories:

easyFly3 and easyFly4 GameCommander
aerofly Professional GameCommander
aerofly5 GameCommander

• All black USB-Interfacesticks by IKARUS
• All red multiplayer adapter by IKARUS
• All yellow easyFly3 and easyFly4 USB-Interfacesticks
• The USB-GameCommander by Realflight
• The Simulus-Commander by Pearl

• USB Gamepads, e.g. the easyfly3 USB-Gamepad
• USB mouses

General Note: All Commander, joysticks and interfaces which are automatically detect by windows as an USB input device and which can be calibrate as game controller by the windows control panel are usable. Because the Reflex and Phoenix interface cable are not recognized as game controller they are not usable as interface for an R/C radio.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 12-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Leohenriques

Rajul I've tried to purchase the upgrade download and the web site does not allow me to right US address correctly like there's no option for state and postal code is in the wrong spot so PayPal keeps redirecting me back to change address.Is there anyway to go around this

Thanks
Leo
Old 12-22-2013, 12:45 PM
rajul

Leo, did you order through the Ikarus USA or Germany website?
Old 12-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Leohenriques

It was probably German I followed a link from rc groups.I did look at the USA web site but couldn't find the upgrade from 5 to 7 just the full download
Old 12-22-2013, 01:30 PM
rajul

I will feedback this problem to Ikarus Germany
Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought it form the Germany web site with my US address with no issues yesterday, I am downloading it right now, large files more than 2Gb!

Rajul,

Some time ago I told you about the trace on AFPD and how I neeed that in AF5, you asked my some months ago about it in detail, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! it is there now! I do not know how many people asked for it but was and is a great tool.
Now this SIM seems to be complete for F3A training, the trace makes it perfect as you can check your geometry on the fly, outstanding, can't wait to try it!

Best regards

Alejandro Pereira
Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 AM
rajul

Originally Posted by apereira
I bought it form the Germany web site with my US address with no issues yesterday, I am downloading it right now, large files more than 2Gb!

Rajul,

Some time ago I told you about the trace on AFPD and how I neeed that in AF5, you asked my some months ago about it in detail, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! it is there now! I do not know how many people asked for it but was and is a great tool.
Now this SIM seems to be complete for F3A training, the trace makes it perfect as you can check your geometry on the fly, outstanding, can't wait to try it!

Best regards

Alejandro Pereira
Hello Alejandro! Yes, there were many requests for the grid from F3A/pattern flyers, plus other essential features which are now included. Let me know what you think about RC 7 after you have tried it. i think you will be very pleased!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:47 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Is there a way I can test how aerofly 7 would work on my laptop? I have tried almost every other flight sim out there and would love to give this a go but I want to be sure it will work well before I go forth with the investment.

Looks amazing!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:48 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have it installed in a regular laptop, nothing special about the laptop, I use the laptop to be able to see it in my TV, it works very well, I will say, as long as the laptop is not more than two years old, pretty much any laptop can take any sim now.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:14 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

How about this laptop? I have a Lenovo T520 with an i5 2.50GHz processor, 6 GB of Ram, and an nVIDIA NVS 4200M 1GB Video Card.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 AM
rajul

Originally Posted by samolot
How about this laptop? I have a Lenovo T520 with an i5 2.50GHz processor, 6 GB of Ram, and an nVIDIA NVS 4200M 1GB Video Card.

Hi samolot, your graphics card is too slow and does not meet the minimum requirement. I would invest in a better card. The system and 3D graphics card requirements are shown below:

[TABLE]
[TR="class: e5_rowcolor1"]
[TD="class: e5_contentsmall"]General requirements:[/TD]
[TD="class: e5_contentsmall"][/TD]
[TD="class: e5_contentsmall"]Hardware-Requirements
• Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon64 X2
• 2 GB of RAM
• 8 GB free hard disk space
• Graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600 or faster with at least 512 MB
• Windows XP / Windows Vista / Win 7 / Win 8
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by rajul; 01-09-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Neko

So, no Mac version? That's really sad.

Will it work in Parallels on a Mac? If so, can I buy the upgrade from 5 that I bought for Mac and have it work on Windows?

Last edited by Neko; 01-08-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 PM
opjose

Originally Posted by Neko
So, no Mac version? That's really sad.

Will it work in Parallels on a Mac? If so, can I buy the upgrade from 5 that I bought for Mac and have it work on Windows?

The Mac version will be available in February.

See: http://www.ikarus.net/aeroflyrc-7/ae...ungen/?lang=en
Old 01-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Neko

Awesome.

David
Old 01-10-2014, 07:00 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

I'm not impressed with the backup disk. It only has the 487K startup application on it.
That doesn't save you the download time for the other 6GB.
A waste of $12.

Aside from that, it's fantastic. Good job!

Last edited by grotto2; 01-13-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Flakpak

I'm not impressed with the back-up, period!

As a user of Aerofly Professional De-Lux I had a comprehensive instruction manual, and had no problems finding my way around the settings, However there apparently is no manual for AeroflyRC7, and although most of the settings are self explanatory I am having problems setting up my controller, and am wondering whether I installed the download correctly.

There were two links given online after I paid for the download, and I might have chosen the wrong one. Wondering if I should attempt to uninstall the programme completely and download it again I raised this issue with Ikarus on 9th January, and forwarded my ".tml" and "DxDiag.text" files when requested, and am waiting for a reply.

Until today the programme has been fine except that, on every start-up, it does not recognise my controller (Spectrum DX7) and I have to scan for it and sometimes recalibrate and reconfigure it.

Today I tried to set up the rate switches and found it impossible. I don't know if I can use the rate switches on my transmitter, or if I can only use the Dual Rate Switch in "Advanced Channel Set-up". When I try to allocate a transmitter switch to the "D -R" switch, it is not accepted.
I have ended up with ailerons which only work very slowly and remain deflected when the transmitter stick is centred!

Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 AM
rajul

Agreed on the backup disc. It has been removed as it does not make sense. Ikarus is working on an english manual, so hang on.

As for the re-installation, you don't have to re-download using the Download Manager:
1. The Download Manager downloads all needed files and stores them in C:\<User>\My Documents\aeroflyRC7-Installer.
2. The latest download files is the Setup.exe
3. This Setup.exe will automatically be started when the download is finished, and controls the native aerofly installation.
4. The previous download files ( stored in: "C:\<User>\My Documents\aeroflyRC7-Installer" will not be deleted automatically.
5. The only thing you have to do after uninstalling aerofly7 from your PC is to start the Setup.exe again, located in "C:\<User>\My Documents\aeroflyRC7-Installer"

On your intermittent connection, please post a photo of your cable connections from the radio to the computer. This will be helpful to assess the problem.

As for dual rates, you should use the rate switches in your radio but calibrate with rates at high, not low. You could use the programmable mixes in your radio but disable them when you are doing calibration.

Last edited by rajul; 01-23-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM
smok

Originally Posted by samolot
Hi Samolot,

I am getting 50-60 FPS on my Lenovo W520 with Nvidia Quadro 1000M, in Ultra quality with HDR and 1920-1200 full screen mode. Only when the model is unrealistically close to the pilot then there is an occasional drop to ~20 FPS. I did not need to lower any graphics settings. And it's with 2x AA setting. There are a few lower graphics modes, so I'd guess that you should be able to find a working one. Disclaimer: I am not familiar with Nvidia NVS 4200.

Cheers,

Smok ;-)

Last edited by smok; 01-23-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.