Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

How to install downloaded aircraft for AFP?

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

How to install downloaded aircraft for AFP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:15 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to install downloaded aircraft for AFP?

From Fly-Guy in AUS:

1. Download the file of the aircraft you want to a place like My Documents, you can put it anywhere besides an aerofly folder.

2. Open the folder and look inside it, now this can go one of two ways, if the folder has a nother folder inside it containing the other files simply copy and past the second folder into the aircraft directory and move the sound files (if suplied) into the sound folder of aerofly.

3. Ok, the second way is if the zipped file contains just the files for the plane and no secondary file you need to go into the aircraft folder of aerofly and make a folder exactly the same name as the .tmd file in the zip folder you downloaded.

4. Once you have created this file in the aerofly aircraft folder go back to the zip folder and right click it, go extract all, then a windo will open asking you where to extract to, it will have pre selected the folder it is in but on the right of this it says, Browse, click that and go C:/windows/program files/IPACS/aeroflypro/aircraft and the folder you craeted and click next, now the file will extratc to the folder you made before. Open the folder you just extracted to and move the wave files (if any) to the sound folder in the aerofly folder and you should be awaya and flying like a madman.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

Ok, I have had several probles occur while doing this even thought it works almost every time.

Problem 1. Plane does not show up in the simlator.

Solution.- chances are you did not name the folder you craeted EXACTLY the same as the .tmd file, if you have and the file will still not work, well this has happened to me and I am yet to find a way to fix it

Problem 2. The plane will show up in the simulator but when you click load it shows no thumbnail and if you click fly it freezes your computer, so dont click fly like i did repeatedly

Solution 2.- Make sure the .tmd file is the same as the file name and it should work BUT you can do this the computer nerd way.
Go into the file of the aircraft and open the .tmd file with Microsoft word. Now press contol F to bring up the find menu (its fatser this way) and type in cd Engine/ to fine the sound file in all those scary looking numbers. Now scroll down to the "Sound 1" and 2 and 3 are below it. Make sure that sound file next to theses three are infact ones in your sound folder in the aerolfy.

If they are not it wont run in the sim.

HOW TO FIX THIS

In the .tmd file change the name ofthe sounds 1-3 to one in your sound folder and it shuld work. For the full instruction on how to do the sound change go to the Sound on Funtana thread and have a look at Rodeos post and do what he said.

Now, if none of that worked you are doing somthing wrong or the file you downloaded has something wrong with it.

Regards Fly-guy
Old 01-03-2005, 11:42 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: How to install downloaded aircraft for AFP?

How about downloading to a disc. Will that work?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Fly-guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to install downloaded aircraft for AFP?

Not sure about downloading to disc, but it should work.

Dion, you missed part of that thread. I posted a few other things about DL problems that were very important. If you still have it somewhere could you please post it, if not I will post it later. You may have missed it because it was a few postsdown that thread.

Fly-guy