Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD Game Commander

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 10:47 PM
matt3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD Game Commander

"quote:

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

The only way to upgrade to the Commander is to purchase an entire Commander verison and there is a reason.

Eariler version of AFP Deluxe Commander came with a 15 Pin Commander (radio) and 9 Pin serial (interface). So if you have the earlier version of AFP Deluxe Commander you CAN upgrade, but you must use your current Commander.

The new Commander is now USB right from the radio to the computer. There is no additional cables needed. The encryption mechanism is now on the Commander itself instead of the Interface cable.

So no if you have the current AFP Commander and you want to upgrade, you will get a new Interface and CD. However you must mail in your 9 Pin serail Interface and main CD (AFP 1.2x)."

I asked a question about the game commander but no one has responded to it for the last couple of days. Ok well here is the question, "Ok now, if the encryption is on the new AFPD Commander, then how could we use AFPD if we own AFP and we have the orginal game commander? Thanks, and I would rather get the new commander if I bought AFPD for AFP." Dion I wan't to go to your office to try AFPD!!!! hhehe

Thanks for your time,

Matt
Old 12-22-2004, 07:15 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: AFPD Game Commander

"Ok now, if the encryption is on the new AFPD Commander, then how could we use AFPD if we own AFP and we have the orginal game commander?
I read this question many times and just don't understand what your asking. Please explain.

1. What do you want to purchase, exactly.

2. What do you currently have.

3. What do you want to do with them.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:24 PM
matt3D

Ah I see, sorry for the inconvenience...

1. I want to purchase AFPD (AeroFly Pro Deluxe " Update " for AeroFly Pro Version 1.2.x)

2. Ok now, I have the orginal AFP with the expansion pack.

3. I don't want to do anything with them. I want to know what you mean about the encryption on AFPD.
"The encryption mechanism is now on the Commander itself instead of the Interface cable," wrote Dion.
So this is what I'm talking about. Now, I was wondering if the encryption mechanism is on the ~\new/~ game commander, or is it on the orgianl AFP game commander. If its on the new AFPD game commander then how could we enjoy to fly the airplanes in AFPD if we only have the orginal AFP game commander?

Thanks again,

Matt
Old 12-23-2004, 12:08 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

The original AFP Interface comes with 9 Pin Interface Cable (encrypted).

The original AFP Commander comes with a 15 Pin Commander (non encrypted) and a 9 Pin Interface Cable (encrypted).

AFP Deluxe Interface comes with USB Interface (encrypted).

AFP Deluxe Commander comes with USB Commander (encrypted).

This means that everyone that had Original AFP and Original AFP Commander can upgrade to AFP Deluxe. Because they both come with the Interface and CD, which is what you need to trade in.

However, you cannot upgrade from AFP Interface to AFP Deluxe Commander.

If you want an AFP Deluxe Commander you must sell your old and replace with new. Or keep both.