Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Futaba Micro Plug

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 03:16 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba Micro Plug

Dion, I just opened my AFPD and was shocked to find out that the adapter cord was for the old style radios with the big round plugs and not the new micro square plug after me specifically telling you that my radio was a 6EXA and asking you well before placing my order online if the sim worked with my TX. Your reply was a definate YES and that all i needed to do was install the software and plug in my TX as everything needed was included .. To bad i didn't read the web site where it states :

Supported transmitters for AeroFly Pro
and AeroFly Pro Deluxe:
- Futaba (New generation Futaba 4YF, 6EX, 7C, 9C, 14MX require the new Futaba Micro Adapter)
- JR (New generation JR 2610, 6102, 9303, 10X require the JR Micro Adapter)
- Hitec
- Multiplex
- Airtronics
- Lexors
- Graupner
- Sanwa
- Robbe

So for future customers PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IF YOU GO WITH AFPD non Commander Version, YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE FUTABA MICRO PLUG WHEN YOU ORDER THE PROGRAM.

THANKS
Old 01-04-2005, 03:34 PM
rusirius

Default RE: Futaba Micro Plug

Actually it might not have entirely been his fault.... I have an older 6EXA and it has a round plug, not the square plug my 9C has..
Old 01-04-2005, 04:02 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Sorry about that.

I usually ask everyone if their plug is square or round. But I didn't know that the 6EXA and the 6EX were the same or that there were 2 models.

In the meantime do you have any other radios to use?
Old 01-04-2005, 04:42 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

No all my old radios are just that OLD more then 10 years and the batteries more then likely won't hold a charge. Until the plug gets here i'm just messing around with the sim using a dual stick gamepad.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Deyrick Gibbins

If your old transmitter batteries wont hold a charge, just use a cheap 10 or 12 volt transformer from Maplin, Radio Spares or Radio Shack etc to power your tranmitter. I am using one to power my Futaba or Hitec set depending which one I am using.
The battery packs supply voltage through a standard servo plug into the transmitters i use, so I just replaced the connector on the transformer with an old servo lead, hey presto mains powered transmitter and no need for batteries. Possibly a good idea for using any transmitter that uses a battery pack with a plug save having to recharge all the time.