Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

afp problems...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 06:57 AM
rmorhan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afp problems...

reinstalled afp on my new harddrive after meltdown , downloaded the patch & some planes. i,m having problems with the graphics , a block of the startup screen stays on the screen when i start the sim. this block eventuallly disappears after a couple minutes, but the graphics are still corrupted in this now invisible block. when i fly through it the plane pixelizes & disappears.. should i try redoing the patch? anyone have a link to it (can,t find it) i,m also having problems installing my new planes (unzipped to their own file) can see the files but no icon when i pull up aircraft with afp running ....any advice greatly appreciated...thanks ...rob m
Old 01-05-2005, 07:18 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: afp problems...

The patch is not a crucial patch but is on every page at aeroflypro.com on the right side.

This sounds like something to do with your graphic card. Have you updated the latest drivers?
Old 01-07-2005, 04:29 AM
rmorhan
My Feedback: (17)

stl, this is the same video card i was using before with out problems. do i go to the manufacturers site for the new drivers ? do i have to download new planes to a different file then cut & paste them to the aircraft directory? why can,t i extract them straight to the aircraft directory ? thanks for the advice...rob m
Old 01-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Xavier Mouraux

Hello guys,
I finally got my AFPD tonight but the installation doesn't work. I tried in French and English and got the same error message
something like: data2.cab ....... redundant check ... with an ok button

The process status colored bar stop moving each time when the file .....scenery/winzeln33.tmt appears

The CD seems to stop for a while and then turn again and stop and so on.

Any idea what is wrong.

I was all exited and now I am down. I want to fly this weekend and this is the only way as there is about 10in of snow outside and it's cold here in Montreal

My version is 1.8.0.9

Thanks

Xavier
Old 01-08-2005, 08:27 AM
STLPilot

I sent that question to Ikarus Germany. I'm hoping the CD is not bad.

Quick question, do you know anyone with AFPD?
Old 01-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Xavier Mouraux

I don't know anyone else around here with it. I will check with the hobbyshop if I could borrow another one.

Xavier
Old 01-08-2005, 09:10 AM
STLPilot

Reason I asked is you can install AFPD on as many machines as you want. So if the CD is bad, all you have to do is an install and give it back until we get you a new one. Get some windex and soft cloth and clean the CD. Look for scratches too.

OR

Have you tried installing it on another computer? This could determine if it was a hard drive issue or not.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Xavier Mouraux

I don't have another PC available home but I just called my hobby-shop and he will loan me his personal copy this morning. I'll tell you what happen. Thanks

Xavier
Old 01-08-2005, 09:42 AM
STLPilot

Good news!

This way we can determine if it's the CD or not.

If it is, we'll have Ikarus send you out a new one ASAP!
Old 01-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Xavier Mouraux

I am getting exactly the same error with a second CD. I don't know how to attached an image to this message so I posted it on this page. http://xavier.mouraux.com/afpd-error-message.htm It is a printscreen of the error message.
I will try to get it installed another PC over the weekend.
Xavier
Old 01-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Sokhar

not sure if this will help but I had the same problem with a bad CD rom before (not with AFPD) I had to toss the drive and buy another

******EDIT******

I also found this doing a bit of google hunting looks like it might be worth a try for ya read the second reply

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=355707
Old 01-08-2005, 12:24 PM
STLPilot

Well it's not the CD then. That means harddrive issue usually.

Also are you on a XP machine that has administration rights to install?
Old 01-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Xavier Mouraux

I am waiting for a phone of a friend who got AFPD last night also. His works fine on his PC. I will try my CD there and/or his at my place.
I tried to just copy the data from the CD to the PC and also only the file references on the error message with no success.
I'll post what I found.
thanks all
Xavier
Old 01-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Xavier Mouraux

I am sorry I waisted your time on this. It looks like my PC is at fault. I went to a friend's place and the installation worked right away with my CD on his PC. I will contact my PC shop tomorrow to get this fixed. It's only about 2 months old. I could say that I am not very happy...

On the positive side, I was able to play with AFPD with my friend and we are both impressed. We dry various planes and they all behave very realistically. He had the same trouble with the shockflyer that he has with his real one. I was having as much fun with the Shockflyer and other 3D plane that I have with my real ones. He was good with the heli and was struggling. Same in the real life. The Smarag fly very similar to my real pattern plane. One thing we notice was that all the CG's were too much forward to our taste.

I can't wait to have it working here :-)

Xavier
Old 01-09-2005, 05:55 AM
STLPilot

If I were you before you took your computer to a shop was to backup your files and reformat. You may have some bad clusters on your HD. You may wind up paying a computer shop $250 something that you could do for free.

Just some advice.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:46 AM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hi, i just got my afpd and i loaded it in my pc and all went well untill it started loading the scenery and plane and then it performed and illegal act and had to shut down due to an invalid page fault. any answers to this?

thanks Gary