Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Help...Sound issue with AFPD

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Mykol
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help...Sound issue with AFPD

I've had AFPD for over a week now and in the last few days the sound of the engines has deteriorated with stutters and a raspy, annoying type of tone. I"ve reinstalled AFPD and patched it again but it returned. Reinstalled sound card driver and DirectX9.0c, not change.
This is really annoying, other programs have normal sound. I hope someone else has seen this and found a solution. Performance was excellent until a few days ago, nothing was changed on my system that I can think of...

PIV 2.0 1G ram SBLive Geforce4 Ti4600
Old 01-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Mykol

Default RE: Help...Sound issue with AFPD

bump
Old 01-13-2005, 10:17 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Have you tried different sound parameters with your sound card? Like setting to Stereo only or even try Mono?
Old 01-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Mykol

I've tweaked every setting I could find, even the hardware acceleration. The sound buzz is not consistent either, worse on some models than others. If it was across the board with all models all the time, and problems with others simulations on my system, than I know it would be my computer's problem exclusively. This annoying sound issue is unique to AFPD, never had it with my Realflight G2. I've reinstalled it a couple of times as well and no help...
Old 01-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Kickflipkid687

Yes, i got these same problems to, I wish Ikarus would make a patch to fix this, and also to fix the problem with the plane sinking into the ground when hovering to low.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Mykol

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this sound issue

Hopefully more will post with similar experiences and a patch can be applied, or at least a workaround that someone has found.
Unfortunately it really detracts from the realism and enjoyment of this simulator.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Normsthename

I have just bought AFPD, and it is great apart from the same sound problem you mention
I have a SB Live, perhaps this is the culprit???
I have updated the sound drivers, video drivers & DirectX 9.0, but still the same problem.
When I installed AFPD, I installed the latest patch afpd18017 before running it for the first time, so do not know if it had the problem with the standard install.
I hope this bug can be fixed, because it is spoiling an otherwise good product.

Andy
Old 01-13-2005, 09:15 PM
rusirius

Indeed I had this same issue right from the git go... The engines sound very raspy and almost "static" like, especially at certain RPMs... but it does it all the time... I've actually got to the point where I just keep the sound turned down WAY low. It was happening orignally with my SB Live card, but someone suggested it may have been a problem with it, so I pulled the card, removed the drivers and enabled the on-board sound... It's a c-media chip... Same exact problem with it too.... If anyone finds a solution I'd LOVE to HEAR it.. (pun intended...)
Old 01-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Kickflipkid687

Im also usuing SB live card, but I dont think this is the problem. I think its something with how the software is written, or maybe we have to change our settings. But, im not THAT good at computers yet to figure out what to do, but i am good with them.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Deyrick Gibbins

It may be worth trying a lower graphic resolution, I dont know what graphic card you have or what resoulution you are using.
I know in most games that if you are pushing the limits graphically that sound is usually the first to suffer as the CPU cant cope with pushing all the data around.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Normsthename

ORIGINAL: Deyrick Gibbins

It may be worth trying a lower graphic resolution, I dont know what graphic card you have or what resoulution you are using.
I know in most games that if you are pushing the limits graphically that sound is usually the first to suffer as the CPU cant cope with pushing all the data around.
I am running a Nvidia 6800 and getting frames rates at a minimum of 150-200 fps, so I don't think changing the resolution lower will be much use, but I will give it a try........just in case!

Andy
Old 01-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Normsthename

Tried changing to several different resolutions etc, no difference......
Just for the record, my sound is very raspy and garbled. Sometimes it makes a beeping noise as well instead of the engine sound....
Really starting to annoy me now..... []
I have G2 and also the demo of Reflex XTR and both of them run fine.

Andy
Old 01-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Deyrick Gibbins

It was just a thought sorry it did not work.
I have not got sound problems on my system using Audigy 2 ZS , ATI X800 XT and AMD 3.2 Ghz.
Have you tried just selecting standard 2 speaker setup in windows, I read another thread about sound which this fixed but I think it was just a low volume problem.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Normsthename

Fixed it!!!
Just for a test I disabled the SBlive soundcard, and turned on the soundcard built in to the motherboard. (AC97)
Sound now works correctly, so it looks like it could be the SB Live that is the culprit.
Hope they find a cure for this, I use the SB Live with midi stuff and music stuff etc

Andy
Old 01-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Mykol

Aside from the one apparent fix of removing/replacing my SBLive card, has anyone found another solution to the warped sound issue?
I like my SBLive card's feature and it runs well with all my other software. I'd rather not replace it.
This really lowers the value of AFPD for me...

STLpilot, have you passed this bug to IPACS yet and gotten a response?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Kickflipkid687

I bought a new SB card, audigy 2, and it seems to sound better now, or it atleast doesnt crash my PC. I will do some more testing, and disable the sound card and see what happens.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:23 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Hi
I had the same problem, I reloaded the soundcard drivers, and everything worked fine...

Bill
Old 01-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Mykol

Could you be specific about which driver version you installed? I installed the latest drivers from soundblaster.com Are you using an older version that works better?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:53 AM
spoiler-man

I had a sound or acutally no sound using AFP on my new dell. I found the problem by going into directx diagnoias. At your computer go to start then click on run and type in dxdiag. Click on the sound tab and where it shows a slide bar for hardware sound acceleration level set it back to standard or basic, when I did this then my sound started to working. Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Mykol

That 'basic' setting solved the erratic sound for me! Thanks Spoiler-Man! How did people solve problems like these in the days before internet forums? AFPD is much more enjoyable now. Thanks again.

Mike
Old 01-28-2005, 11:14 AM
spoiler-man

Hey Mike, I was just lucky enough to find this setting on the internet myself. I didn"t have any sound at all using AFP not deluxe. Rcuniverse is the best place that I have found for people sharing great info. You are welcome and I am glad that it helped you.

Kenny
Old 02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
bentbird

I found that if i run the setting vsync on i get around 60fps and the sound is fixed but as soon as i uncheck the vsync and the FPS goes up to around 150-200 the engine sound goes for a crap.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:42 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I clicked on the v sync thingy..... and the sim just up and quit????? Not going to try that again!!!
Old 02-20-2005, 09:33 AM
thundervee

I too am using a SBLive! and have the same crappy sound it really put's a damper on an awesome sim.
Hope they get this patched quickly[] My sound in everything else is fine so it has to be with AFPD
Old 02-20-2005, 07:51 PM
jspencer
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: spoiler-man

I had a sound or acutally no sound using AFP on my new dell. I found the problem by going into directx diagnoias. At your computer go to start then click on run and type in dxdiag. Click on the sound tab and where it shows a slide bar for hardware sound acceleration level set it back to standard or basic, when I did this then my sound started to working. Hope this helps.
This worked for me. I set the sound setting to basic and all of the aircraft sound like they should now. Thanks for the tip spoiler-man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.