Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD crash my computer

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:25 PM
localbuyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD crash my computer

Hello:

I have both AFPD and G2 installed on an P4 3.0Ghz with 1G memory and ATI 9600SE video card. The AFPD can start and detect the USB interface, but it will lock out the whole system after a few second. I have to unplug the power cord to reset it. I have 1.8.0.15 patch installed. I tried to uninstall/reinstall AFPD and USB devices without success. The system was running AFP pro with a Futaba Skysports 4 without any problem.

Please help.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Spacey

Default RE: AFPD crash my computer

Just curious if the interface is plugged into a high speed USB port? I had the exact same problem when my interface was plugged into my front USBs. I had to plug the cable into the back.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:19 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

But did it crash your computer or just lock up when trying to use it.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:23 AM
localbuyer
My Feedback: (6)

Full lock up, need to unplug the power to restart.

I tried the USB interface using front and back USB ports, same problem. It will lock the computer after a few seconds after it detected the USB interface.

There is no red X in Device Manager. There are an USB wireless adapter and USB harddrive connected.
Video drivers are the latest from ATI and XP has all the patches installed.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2005, 02:05 PM
MrTryAndFly

Similar issue:

I have loaded G2 and Aerofly on my desktop, 1.7 P3, 1Gb Ram, 120 Gb HD, video is fine; I have loaded AP, the Exp. Pack, and the most recent patch. Start AP and it tries to show the splash screen and a black window in the background.....then a MS window Pops - up and ask to report it to Bill Gates himself...(not really, but I am sure he is looking over the sholder of the person that reads all of those reports.) -Anyways- no luck. Loaded it on my laptop and perfecto! No problem....except I don't want to use my laptop for this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but no luck. CPU OS: Win. XP SP2 (both desktop & laptop) -Any thoughts?

MrTryAndFly
Old 02-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Sailor
My Feedback: (1)

I have the similar symptoms.

Running XP Pro on a Dell Inspiron 9100 w/ATI 9700 with 64mb RAM, 512mb system RAM. Using the G3 controller through USB.

If I have an external mouse plugged in to a different USB port and I run AFPD and then I move the external mouse, WHAM!, my entire system locks up and I cannot recover from it. I am forced to do a hard boot to clear things out. I have tried the windows key and CTRL-ALT-DEL to get me to the Task Manager, trying to kill the process, but I can't even do that.

I have found that if I unplug the external mouse, then it works fine. This is obviously a USB problem. Any ideas on what causes this?

STLPilot, any ideas?