Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

NEW AFPD UPDATE PATCH RELEASED - JAN 13 2005

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

NEW AFPD UPDATE PATCH RELEASED - JAN 13 2005

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:11 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW AFPD UPDATE PATCH RELEASED - JAN 13 2005

AeroFly Professional Deluxe Patch to Version 1.8.0.17
Click here to get the AeroFly Professional Deluxe Patch to Version 1.8.0.17 (655kB).
This update has been created with Paquet Builder from G.D.G. Software.

Important notes:

After installation of this patch all default settings will be restored, music playback is also deactivated by default, due to several problems with onboard soundcards. If you encounter program crashes when using music playback, deactivate this feature or try to update your sound driver.
If using your own transmitter, please calibrate your radio after installation again.
This update is NOT compatible with AeroFly Professional Version 1.6.8.6 and earlier.
Installation:
Run the downloaded file, you don’t have to copy this file to a specific location on your hard drive.
This update program will automatically locate the AeroFly Professional Deluxe installation directory.

Changes:
- Problems when using 2 USB-interfaces has been fixed
- Changes on how the 3-way switch of the USB-GameCommander is being used
- The problems with Multiplex transmitters like the MPX3030 have been fixed
- Fixed a bug that prevented AeroFly from saving recorded flights to harddisc
- Fixed a bug when playing Mp3 music songs
- Changes to the smoke effect
- Some changes to the german and english text
- Correctly installs the german descriptions for each model, if installing in the german language.

[link=http://www.ipacs.de/download/afpd18017.exe]DOWNLOAD THE PATCH[/link]
Old 01-14-2005, 02:00 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: NEW AFPD UPDATE PATCH RELEASED - JAN 13 2005

What is the smoke effect change? Thanks Capt,n
Old 01-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Max1
My Feedback: (14)

do we need this patch? thank you max[8D]
Old 01-15-2005, 10:36 AM
NorthernBoy
My Feedback: (1)

I tried the patch and graphics seemed to be slower and after I rebooted my pc AFPD would not start-up. Reinstalled AFPD and went back to version 15 and all is good now.
I think the patch is a little buggy.

Just to let you know.

Pete
Old 01-15-2005, 01:29 PM
madhusker
My Feedback: (9)

Regards to the smoke. Smoke needs some help. It looks good until you add wind. You can have high winds that want to take the airplane one direction, but the smoke looks like it is a calm day. Besides this minor problem. WOW, what a great sim!
Old 01-16-2005, 01:45 AM
bluemagic98

I want to add a little to this smoke thing. First off I love this AFPD I have built a new computer every couple of years sence the 386 was hot and i would buy microsofts flight sim's newest vertion every time I did . well this thing blows that out of the water but thems apples this is oranges. Right now i have a P4 3.2 over clocked to 3.5ghz would go to 4ghz if i had a zillion dollars for faster ram but for now this is fine I added a ati 9800 pro card and flashed the chip on that to a xt so its over clocked I added liquid cooling to the whole mess. AFPD just blows me away on this Ive seen the frames per sec. go over 400 in some cases Granted adding smoke and some of the differant airports tax it a little but if you hover with the smoke it can drop to the teens even after the patch. Flybys you dont realy see a huge drop but hang around a bit and build a little more smoke and you take a huge hit. i snapped a pic of the heli with smoke sitting there notice the fps. Granted this is a minor issue all in all. I think this sim is out and out A BLAST im gona need new gimbals on my radios and im killing batteries thank god for triton chargers.

the pic
http://webpages.charter.net/snafu/smoke.jpg

the other thing is after the patch was installed it wanted to talk to my other computer again it did the same thing on the last patch.
here is what it said last time im sure it was the same this time.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_25...tm.htm#2530349

awsome job guys worth every penny
Old 01-31-2005, 12:17 PM
agbjarn

Hello!

Smoke has disappeared!

I have recently purchased the Aerofly Pro Deluxe version 1.8.0.9. I am using Futaba T9CAP transmitter.

Two days ago I installed the most recent patch 1.8.0 17.

The problem is that now I can't see any exhaust or smoke. I select either or both exhaust and smoke under the Graphics menu, but nothing helps.

Is it possible that I am doing something wrong, as I am not very familiar with this great simulator? I am sure I had both exhaust and smoke when the simulator was new, and I am not completely sure that this changed when I installed version 1.8.0.17.

Best regards

Agust
Old 02-10-2005, 01:52 AM
RChobby53

There is a menu item that you have to re-activate for smoke after the patch........when you are flying, to to the top menu bar, under graphics, select "smoke".
Old 02-10-2005, 05:19 AM
bluemagic98

I wonder if he usses the 3 button on the # pad i know i have to remind myself to check the Num Lock all the time.