Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

futaba 8u,and aerofly pro

Old 01-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Gseeling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 8u,and aerofly pro

will not recognize 8u, i am on ppm,have downloaded new patch, would like to run the program. help thanks gorden.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:40 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: futaba 8u,and aerofly pro

have you tried any other radios?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Gseeling

do not have any other radios
Old 01-25-2005, 02:05 PM
STLPilot

does it recognize the USB cable when you start up?

what is the message you get.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Gseeling

do not have any other radios, 8u will fly my rc planes,but will not work with aerofly pro,downloaded new patch,i am on ppm, radio will turn on when the computer is off,if i plug the tx into the interface cord, the tx will be on weather the tx switch is on or off. help!!! thanks gorden.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Gseeling

yes it does reconize the usb cable.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Gseeling

yes it does recognize the usb cable
Old 01-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Apples

Gseeling,

On Jan. 23, Crowfly reported
Hello,
They're having software & hardware issues. You'll notice they're coming out with patches for the software & a new USB cord to address the hardware issues. My cord was mailed off the last week in december to Ikarus USA. Just about the time they were about to send it back to me (unfixed), they came out with a new cord.They held up on shipping my old one back & decided to wait and ship me a new one. Ikarus claims the new chords should be in stock monday + week, January 31. If you'd like call Mike at Ikarus USA 1-239-690-0003.
in this thread. Re: old Jr388 having intermittent trouble.

I just spoke to Mike, who has my USB interface cable and he told me that the new cables would not be coming in for another five days..

Roy
Old 01-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Gseeling

thanks apples
Old 01-26-2005, 04:28 AM
Gseeling

gess i am broke down,have bought new aerofly pro deluxe that will not work, where do we go from here??need help please advise
Old 01-26-2005, 06:15 AM
Spacey

You tried it with the TX on and off I presume? You have tried plugging it into other USB ports assuming you have more than one? The ones on the front of the case and the ones on the back? Also do you have any other devices plugged into any other USB ports while you have the interface cable plugged in? Tried it without any other devices in there and only the interface plugged in. I have also found that my memory stick if also plugged in will do what you described above.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:39 AM
jhart

ORIGINAL: Gseeling

will not recognize 8u, i am on ppm,have downloaded new patch, would like to run the program. help thanks gorden.

Hey Gseeling,

I am using an 8U with the standard AFP and it works great. I have ordered the Deluxe version and am supposed to receive it this week or early next week. I'll let you know if I have any problems.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:38 AM
STLPilot

I believe that he got it to work as he posted it in another thread.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-28-2005, 10:13 AM
Bowser

Just a guess however you must go in the main menu and check which controller is selected as the device to run the simulator[sm=idea.gif]. If the dot for the first plane is on joystick, it will never see your 8 channel (the sim must be instructed the 8U exists). You must move the dot to indicate the controller you wish to use. Mine has 3 controllers listed. A joystick(G-2 controller), a Futaba 7 super and an 8U. I have to move the dot with a click of the mouse so the game knows which radio to receive commands from[X(]. Also if you work on any program adjustments, click on the radio until it has a blue bar covering it. If not you will be editing the wrong radio. You will probably see the name "New Radio" that you can rename however it has been a long time since I fooled around in that menu. You will also want to go in the calibration menu and do your thing for that controller. All the above is in the AFP manual. I don't know if Deluxe is the same?
I only use the G-2 controller because I am too lazy to keep going and getting the other transmitters. Remember DOT and BLUE BAR or you won't get far[sm=bananahead.gif].

ORIGINAL: Gseeling