Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Non .exe files for AFP ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:37 PM
440GTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non .exe files for AFP ??

What is the chance of getting NON .exe files of the Raptor 50 and Heliteam scenery for AFP
NOT AFPD.
So far all the AFPD files ( Aircraft and Scenery ) have worked with my AFP.
At this time I do not want to spend $ 450.00 CDN for a sim
$ 250.00 Sim and $ 200 for a graphics card.

Thanks in advance
Fred..
Old 02-09-2005, 05:23 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Non .exe files for AFP ??

Try extracting them into a temp directory and moving them in manually. Should work.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:50 AM
440GTX

Thanks for the reply SLTPILOT

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Try extracting them into a temp directory and moving them in manually. Should work.
I tried almost everything . The ERROR I get " Cannot find AeroFly Pro Deluxe please reinstall from the CD "
I made an "AeroFly Pro Deluxe" directory on my C Drive and I still get the same ERROR.

Fred..
Old 02-09-2005, 09:29 AM
STLPilot

Now the Heliteam scene will definitley not work for AFPD. AFPD is build on a new photoreaslitic engine that AFP does not have.

The Raptor 50 may or may not work. I would send an email to the developer and ask him to send you the file.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:53 PM
astroflyer2

Isn't the heliteam scenery a new one now available for AFPD on the rc.sim site

it works just fine in deluxe..

I'd email the folder along to you 440GTX except that its almost 70 megs compressed...and I'm on a modem connection.

if you have a high speed connection you might be able to have someone here with high speed email the folder and the two other files which reside in the afpd sceenery folder.....

just copying the heli folder into your program should see it work.

haven't seen the raptor yet.

cheers
Papa Sharptooth

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
Old 02-09-2005, 09:16 PM
astroflyer2

I just checked the heliteam.zip file and it does indeed install into any folder you want. It locates AFPD in c:\programs\IPACS\Aerofly Professional Deluxe..

you might try creating a folder \IPACS\Aerofly Professional Deluxe in your C:\programs folder

should extract fine then. You could also point it to a temporary folder and extract to that, but it will still want to see the IPACS folder first...

cheers
Papa Sharptooth

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
Old 02-09-2005, 11:09 PM
440GTX

Thanks for the help astroflyer2 . But still no LUCK
ORIGINAL: astroflyer2
I just checked the heliteam.zip file and it does indeed install into any folder you want. It locates AFPD in c:\programs\IPACS\Aerofly Professional Deluxe..
you might try creating a folder \IPACS\Aerofly Professional Deluxe in your C:\programs folder
should extract fine then. You could also point it to a temporary folder and extract to that, but it will still want to see the IPACS folder first...
I have AFP not AFPD
I made a new directory in my c:\programfiles\IPACS\ "Aeroflyfly professional Deluxe"
So now I have c:\programfiles\IPACS\Aerofly Professional Deluxe
NO LUCK
So I am ASSUMING it needs more than just an Aerofly Professional Deluxe Directory
I also e-mailed Rodeo a couple of days ago with no reply yet.

Fred..
Old 02-10-2005, 02:20 AM
AS1947

Hi all,

there are some things you should know:

1. The new self-extracting exe-files check, whether you have installed a valid version of the AFPD. It's not enough to create a folder with the right name!

2. The models for the AFPD have included a file-type .TGO instead of a .OBJ. AFP is not able to use this file-format.

If you want to have the models or sceneries for the AFP instead of the AFPD, just contact the developer. If he is owning the AFP and the AFPD, he will be able to help you.

Regards

Arthur (from Germany)
Old 02-10-2005, 07:30 AM
STLPilot

440 GTX has AFP ... not AFPD. So Heliteam will not work. You have to upgrade if you want true photorealistic backgrounds.

Rodeo is out of town until this weekend, as far as the Raptor 50 goes.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:14 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Copied from the Support Forum Guidelines:

Support forums work a little differently in that the question being asked is only answered by a representative of the company, not other members. This is not a discussion forum.

If you want to hear opinions from fellow RCU members post it in the proper discussion forum.

If you have a question, need help with a part or problem and need to talk to a company representative, this is the place.

If you are a member and have answers to a question being ask in the support forums, send the person an email or private message. Do not post your response in this forum.

If you are a support forum host or company representative, keep the information to support related topics only.

Please refrain from promotional material as defined in the Community Policies

Post are subject to removal if they do not meet guideline and policy requirements.

Thank you