Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

screen goes black

Old 02-12-2005, 01:10 AM
seasterling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screen goes black

Got my AFPD yesterday. Calibration wandered off a bit last night, and every now and then the screen turns black, volume goes mono and gets louder, and after a few seconds everything comes back. Tonight however everything stayed black, requiring a hard restart. Anybody else have these problems? I'm running on a 2.8P4, 512ram, and an ATI 128 FireGL card. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:46 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: screen goes black

The requirement for the AFPD for video card is OpenGL compatible graphic card with at least 64MB. I too thought I had this covered with the video card I had in my PC but I was wrong. From what I have read, there are all sorts of symptoms with a non-compatible video card installed. I had to buy the Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Meg card. It now works just fine. Mine would not even recognize the controller, and my video was very very slow. This was until I installed the new video card. I was not all that happy for having to buy a high-end video card but what choice did I have if I wanted to run AFPD.

Good luck.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:21 PM
seasterling

The FireGL is a workstation class OpenGL card with 128 megs. I'm good to go there. AFPD runs great while it is running, then after a while it just dies all of a sudden.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:35 AM
seasterling

Updated my driver for the FireGL card tonight, been flying for a couple of hours with no black out.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:39 PM
seasterling

Screen is going black again. I also seem to be having calibration problems, and some really wild trim issues from plane to plane. All of these problems just seem to creep in, guess I'll try another reinstall.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:02 PM
F1race79
My Feedback: (6)

Turn screen saver off?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:05 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Or power saving mode off too!
Old 02-17-2005, 01:57 AM
seasterling

I did a reinstall tonight and turned off all power saving settings, had screen saver off already. No black outs tonight! Hopefully that did the trick. I also stuck with one plane and everything seemed to go well with the calibration of my tx.