Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

SOUND DEADSPOT?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 06:45 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SOUND DEADSPOT?????

STPilot: I have a engine sound (and smoke) deadspot just above idle. It is really irratating. How do I get rid of it? It is not my TX because it does same on both of my Transmitters. It only does it with the TOC Extra and another Extra that must share the same sound file. Is there a way to delete just the sound file and get someone to email me a new one? Or the airplane file...and get a new one? Thanks Capt,n
Old 04-12-2005, 10:13 AM
captinjohn

Default RE: SOUND DEADSPOT?????

STLPilot: HOW ABOUT THIS SOUND PROBLEM????
Old 04-12-2005, 11:36 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a first for me. Try increasing your idle a bit.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:55 AM
captinjohn

If I increase the IDLE a little bit....the plane is then MOVING all the time. I think I know what you going to say next.... increase the wind!!! Right!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 06:09 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Hopefully someone will jump in that has the same problem ... but I really have never really heard this one.

It could be a deadspot on your radio. Have you tried another radio?

Does this happen with gas and elecs?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
captinjohn

AS I said....it does it (no sound) with both my radios. I sure hate to do a complete re-install and then download the planes I added. It will take way more time than its worth. I do not know what to do at this point. I tried the faster idle...no good. Also with wind... no good. Maybe some genius will happen to read this , and tell me next move? Capt,n
Old 04-12-2005, 09:01 PM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

how about copying a different sound file from another plane and see how that works or just dont use those planes...plenty of others to use
Old 04-12-2005, 11:05 PM
captinjohn

The 2 planes that has this sound problem is my 2 favorite planes. I like flying a differant plane now and then. But in real flying of RC planes, I feel it is best to stay with only 1 plane if you want to fly your best. I think I am safe in saying a lot of good RC planes went by the wayside and got sold ....when all that was needed was to keep at fine tuning the controls and balance ect. Regards Capt.n
Old 04-13-2005, 07:45 AM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

did you try copying a sound file from another plane that does work and pasting it in the ones that don't?

Or try copying from a plane that has a different engine sound a paste that into the planes that don't work and see how they work.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
captinjohn

Tukkus...I am not a geius...I do not know how to do the sound swap? You guys that eat..sleep and use computers all the time know this stuff. The average joe does not. Thanks for your kindness. Maybe I can put you in my will. Can you handle to inherit a bunch of RC JUNK! HA!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:35 PM
captinjohn

STLPilot & ALL I did this. Unistalled AFPD and then defraged my computer. Then reinstalled AFPD. To my amazement ....it works good as new. Maybe better. The sound is perfect. My system has a stero effect. Sure sounds great now. The planes I downloaded (they where still there) work better too. Hope it stays this way!!!!!! Capt,n