Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Studders when Smoke it Full On!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:30 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Studders when Smoke it Full On!

I get studdering and FPS go way down when I have smoke on and am down low. Is my video card giving up? I got AMD 3000+ 1G RAM ATI 9800 pro 128. I've tried tuning things down in my graphic settings but it does not help FPS when smoking down low. Any ideas anyone? STL?

Joe
Old 05-09-2005, 10:12 PM
m00m00

Default RE: Studders when Smoke it Full On!

run it on lower res or low down the smoke density should help.

ATI vid cards are known to have bad memory bandwidth/pixel fill rate. though from time to time they have 'enhancements' in the vid card driver to fool the benchmark programs to score higher reseult.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:24 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks Moomoo, I might need to look into a bit better card, what might you recommend? I just got this box together and don't want to mess around with so so hardware. I thought the 9800 pro was going to do anything this software could put out. Lower rez at this point does sort of curb the problem but I'd like to see this program fully unloaded on a machine that was built only for it because AFPD will not support the apple platform.

JOe
Old 05-10-2005, 04:12 AM
m00m00

I don't know what to recommend.. got no AFPD.. my 3 yrs old computer runs AFP happily
Another thing, if you have enable the 'Antialising' from the vid driver, turn it back to 'off' or 'Application-controlled'. Do the same to 'Anisotropic filtering' options.