Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD Glitching - Whats the Cause.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:01 PM
byoung466
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD Glitching - Whats the Cause.

Im getting glitching in control surfaces when flying. I was getting a puff of smoke at the same time when i had smoke active. My TX reliability is 100%. I captured a video of this I can send if you can tell me where to send it.

Using a 9CAP. I dont have another TX to swap and fly, but I dont get these when flying my planes for real.

What would cause this?

Old 05-10-2005, 08:12 AM
byoung466

Default RE: AFPD Glitching - Whats the Cause.

Well, I searched this forum and found others fixes to this which included a ground cable from the computer case to the transmitter. That seems to be at least one fix. I have a couple flights now and the plane behaves much better, apparently it was affecting more than just the occasional glitch. So I'll give it another chance. Maybe I missed this in the instructions but if its not listed its a problem. Im using the USB and 9CAP.

Removing the ground in flight makes the plane jump around.

Later.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:59 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like your cable is damaged. You can call Ikarus and get it exchanged for another one.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:21 PM
byoung466

It was like this out of the box, had it a few days.

I was under the impression this was a manufacturer support forum I guess, does Ikarus or OMP monitor this forum?
Old 05-10-2005, 04:42 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Yup we monitor it ... sorry been working on our newsite around the clock.

Anyhow ... if you feel your cable is defective call Mike at Ikarus at 239-690-0003 and he will replace it. There have been several cases of defective cords out of the box, but rare.

Talk to Mike and he will determine whether you have a first or second generation cable and will swap it out of it's deemed defective.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:46 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, I called Ikarus last week and Mike does not work their anymore ??
Rcpete
Old 05-14-2005, 07:55 PM
gerryw

I had the same problem . I found a fix for my problem. Here is what I did. (Futaba T6XA) At first I could not get the T6XA to work. It would not see it connected . So I used an old Futaba Sky Sport 4 until it started glitching . I realized it was doing it when I pushed up on the connector . The ring on the out side of the plug is suppose to make contact with the square connection at the bottom of the jack on the transmitter. This connection was the problem if you wiggle it the connection is making and breaking on the Sky Sport 4 at was not connected on the T6XA. I made a wire connection from the outside of the ring to the to the square connection inside the T6AX. I drilled a 1/16 hole adjacent to the jack on the transmitter , soldered a 26 gage stranded wire (silver tined) to the PCB that the jack was soldered to on the post where the square pin is connected to and ran it out through the 1/16 hole in the T6XA and attached a female (gold plated) cannon plug pin to the other end of the wire. I attached the male pin to a wire and soldered the wire at the connection point of the wire connected inside the plug to the outside ring. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

The problem could possibly be solved with a better plug or jack but that is for some one else to argue