Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

afpd main executable

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 10:39 AM
rayboo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afpd main executable

Why does afpd run so well on my setup so but then won,t start if I shut my computer off? I swear its learning how to not start! At first install it ran, then the dreaded main exacutable file warning starts up I have been to the computer shop for new video card,Geforce 5200 intel2.8 etc.. Sytem can handle it it just can,t start it .I have the patch also ,do I need to lose the game commander??
Old 05-20-2005, 11:17 PM
rayboo

Default RE: afpd main executable

I think I know the answer now,after spending time and money and becoming a friggin software researcher. I suspect the game commander or the connection to same is defective, Aerofly has a tm.log file and it says unable to find usb I will be sending back to HeliHobby. I love this sim, its a blast to fly I now wish I had bought locally so I could get a new setup this weekend. Hope this post helps someone in future
Old 05-21-2005, 06:50 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Have you tried this on another computer?
Old 05-21-2005, 08:03 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, what computor do you have, If it is a Dell, try to dissconnect the USB keybaord or use a PS2 keybaord.
Rcpete
Old 05-21-2005, 10:39 AM
rayboo

Wow I unplugged the keyboard and it started!! I have done this before and nothing happened or maybe it did start but then would not start again after shutdown. I have loaded and reloaded the program and as of last night had given up,thanks so much for your help and this forum so there is someplace to go and good people there to try to help with these exotic problems that no one else has a clue about. I have another ? about aerofly. I have the game commander version and when it starts it shows the serial# of the g.c. can I get a cable for my hitec and will it startup or is the cable version different somehow? Thanks again for your help my computer will stay on all weekend.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:55 AM
STLPilot

Yes you can get a cable from us for your own radio, but you still must have the Commander plugged in to use it.

You can get the cable here, it's the SIMCOM - www.aeroflypro.com/purchase

About halfway down the page.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:04 PM
rayboo

thanks stlpilot I have ordered the cable so I can fly two planes at once I,m still curious about how aerofly works if you buy the version without the game commander. I,m having so much trouble with my sim recognizing the game commander that in hindsight I would have ordered the transmitter version and then bought a gc as an addon I hope this makes sense, thanks again for your help I flew aerofly for a couple off hours today and rolling circles will soon be in my grasp I hope.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:53 PM
STLPilot

Well if it's having problems recognizing the Commander it would have the same problem with the Interface. Just think of the Commander as an Interface with radio attached. It's the same hardware. The advantage of the Commander is no battery ... the disadvatage is it's not a computer radio. The Interface version ... basically, you just add your own radio. Since you purchased the Simcom you can now use your own radio.

But I will help you figure out why it will not recognize your radio. Yes, it makes sense that you would want an Interface version then add Commander later. BUT either way you have to have something plugged in to make it work. It may be a USB issue/conflict.

What's happening that you are losing it ... what's going on?
Old 05-23-2005, 12:51 AM
rayboo

What happens is on launch it searches for the interface for 5 secs or so then a window pops up that says that there is a problem with the main exacutable file and wants to make a report to microsoft about it. If you don,t plug the gc and launch it then it will load a plane and scenery and then it will ask you to plug in the gc. When you plug in the gc the computer will beep to acknoledge the usb connection and then you push the search button in the box that asked for it on your desktop, and if the planets are aligned just right you are in, but much more likely you will get the main executable notice again. It ran real fine all day but my son turned it off to play his game and now no amount of deleting and reloading patches or no patches keyboard plugged in or not.. The tm.log file says it can not find the usb so I,m pretty sure now that it a bad gc. Will call Ikarus people tomorrow and see how to get one that works, and I have a cable coming also so one way or another I will get this thing going.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Strawhat Mike

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Yes, it makes sense that you would want an Interface version then add Commander later. BUT either way you have to have something plugged in to make it work.
Can I indeed buy the Interface version then add Commander later?

-- Mike
Old 05-25-2005, 07:55 AM
rayboo

Sent game commander to Ikarus yesterday to be checked and hopefully replaced so maybe whole exercise is about a bad controller. I understand now that the game commander has the copywrite protection in it and this is probably the glitch. My advice to anyone buying afpd would be to buy locally if possible and have the store load and run the program on there computer if possible. My minimum hassle factor at this point is a lot of frustration, a two week turnaround on warranty and 18 dollars shipping on my end I still can highly recomment this sim and the Ikarus people at this time they are doing there best to help me get going
Old 05-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Strawhat Mike

ORIGINAL: B. Wildered

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Yes, it makes sense that you would want an Interface version then add Commander later. BUT either way you have to have something plugged in to make it work.
Can I indeed buy the Interface version then add Commander later?

-- Mike
For any other newcomers with the same question, I've been asking around and the answer is apparently NO. I've been browsing the forums for awhile and am surprised I didn't pick up on that. So be forewarned, if you think you might want the Commander in addition to your own radio, don't buy the Interface version. If you decide you want the Commander later, you'll have to buy the entire package again

I'm assuming that if you do buy the Commander version and later want to use your own radio, you'll need to buy the $35 cable (or some other 3rd party's), but presumably will escape the need for the $10 Micro Adapter (tho I'm not sure.)

Confusin', ain't it?

-- Mike
Old 05-29-2005, 08:04 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI all , Ray, what brand of computor do you have, very interested in the outcome, please kept us informed.
Rcpete
Old 05-30-2005, 05:37 PM
8KCABrett
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rayboo

What happens is on launch it searches for the interface for 5 secs or so then a window pops up that says that there is a problem with the main exacutable file and wants to make a report to microsoft about it. If you don,t plug the gc and launch it then it will load a plane and scenery and then it will ask you to plug in the gc. When you plug in the gc the computer will beep to acknoledge the usb connection and then you push the search button in the box that asked for it on your desktop, and if the planets are aligned just right you are in, but much more likely you will get the main executable notice again. It ran real fine all day but my son turned it off to play his game and now no amount of deleting and reloading patches or no patches keyboard plugged in or not.. The tm.log file says it can not find the usb so I,m pretty sure now that it a bad gc. Will call Ikarus people tomorrow and see how to get one that works, and I have a cable coming also so one way or another I will get this thing going.

Same thing here!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:42 PM
rayboo

Sorry to hear that Brett is having yhe same problem. It took 4days for my returned gc to reach Ikarus and they quoted a 48 hr diagnose so I will call tomorrow and see whats up. I will post the results as soon as I hear. My computer that I run it on is a p4 2.8 asus p4p800s motherboard with a asus 5200 128 mg grafics card This is the recommended setup and runs the sim very well and can probably be optimized to run it better. Frame rates vary between 40 to 90+ but my experience has been limited.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:33 PM
rayboo

Talked to Fred at Ikarus on friday and g.c. is defective, a new g.c. is in the mail. The defect is in the pot which I take to be the thing the stick is attached to. When running the sticks seemed fine but I,m no techie and will have to take his word for it. AFPD has a diagnose file called the tmlog that you can search for and open.