Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

JR388?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 10:27 PM
bdunsire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR388?

I've actually spent a long time searching, and no answer found..

I want to use a JR 388 TX with this software - if they're compatible.

Can't find the answer on the Ikarus site - it seems to suggest that their cable is 3 or 5 pin, but of course the old 388 uses a simple plug not 3, 5 or square - and from what I read here the JR adapter is for new JRs.. so...

What do I need for the JR 388 or am I out of luck?

The more I look the more confused I guess I am..

Cheers,
Bob
Old 06-02-2005, 09:09 PM
codiddley
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: JR388?

I have a JR 388X, and the only problem I ever had was when using it with the stock interface cable- with out the JR adaptor. It was intermittant, and glitchy as all get out. Now I use a cable that I had laying around for FMS- it is an aftermarket cable, and for the life of me I cant remember where I got it in the first place- Rocky mountain rc sim or something like that.

One silly thing- leave the TX in the OFF position, or else the computer will block it, and you could hurt the TX. It should beep, and the screen should come on the TX when plugged in. You need to dedicate a model memory to AFPD, then calibrate and set your controlls. I call mine FSIM.

Good luck.

Cody
Old 06-03-2005, 12:06 AM
bdunsire

Thanks Cody,

So the supplied adapter does not work reliably, and you had one that happened to work. I guess I'm worried now??

I have an old cable from the old CSM sim - in fact it is only because that sim doesn't work on any of my systems, and I have a kid in the neighborhood I want to teach - so I need a sim for him..

I guess I'm still not sure if I should go with this sofware..

Cheers,
Bob
Old 06-03-2005, 05:46 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Bob just get the AFP AND JR adapter cable. You can see them both here: www.aeroflypro.com/purchase

You have nothing to worry about because if it does not work, you can send it back after you try it.

The adapter cable is for newer JR's but also for other JR's that has glitching problems.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:53 AM
bdunsire

Thanks Don, I had not seen that before - it is my plug (!)

I have not used a flight sim in over 7 years, so it was a disappointment to discover that it didn't work any longer (with Window ME (one system here), or XP (3 systems here) or XP pro (one system) - I bet you can guess what my field was - when I used to work!

Questions answered - thanks!