Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

question that need answering...

Old 06-04-2005, 02:34 AM
_stinky_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question that need answering...

all this questions were written in my last thread, but the amount of question got so big that i needed to make a new thread.
i numbered the questions as you can see, so if you answer them, please do it like this: "answer to number 1: bla bla bla
or somthing like this so i will know what your talking about.
hope to solve this mysteries

1) flaps are used to make landing easier, because it gives more lift force to the aircraft on lower speeds,
so why doesn't planes like cap (which is big) or yak (which is also big) doesn't have flaps?

2) can i edit a plane and add flaps to it?

3) i looked into the controls part and i saw "expo". so i can put expo to the sticks, but not mid-flight, right?
dual rates is in mid-flight, so i can make the sticks less sensitive mid-flight,
or i can also assign expo to a button so when i push it all the sticks will because less sensitive...?

4) there are blank spaces in the controls section, when i assign a control in the left side there are lables like: "ailerons, engine 1, flaps left etc'" and there are places that theres nothing written, but you can assign a channel. why is that?

5) if i buy a trasmitter (i'm going to buy a hitec optic 6), and i'll buy a cable from you, so i can connect it to the computer,
can i used it to run my airplane 1? (so it replaces the gamecommander, ans the gamecommander because the 2nd?)

6) if i have a optic 6, and i'll program the trasmitter to do dual rates, will it work with AFPD?
Old 06-04-2005, 04:49 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: question that need answering...

1) flaps are used to make landing easier, because it gives more lift force to the aircraft on lower speeds,
so why doesn't planes like cap (which is big) or yak (which is also big) doesn't have flaps?

Because they are aerobatic planes and are designed to land slow without flaps. You will not find flaps on these planes when you buy them to fly RC.

2) can i edit a plane and add flaps to it?

No, but you can program "flaperons" when you get a computer radio. This is something that you will learn later.

3) i looked into the controls part and i saw "expo". so i can put expo to the sticks, but not mid-flight, right?
dual rates is in mid-flight, so i can make the sticks less sensitive mid-flight,
or i can also assign expo to a button so when i push it all the sticks will because less sensitive...?

Set Expo for ailerons and elevator only. Set it to 50, that will make the radio less sensitive.

4) there are blank spaces in the controls section, when i assign a control in the left side there are lables like: "ailerons, engine 1, flaps left etc'" and there are places that theres nothing written, but you can assign a channel. why is that?

Don't understand, take a screenshot.

5) if i buy a trasmitter (i'm going to buy a hitec optic 6), and i'll buy a cable from you, so i can connect it to the computer,
can i used it to run my airplane 1? (so it replaces the gamecommander, ans the gamecommander because the 2nd?)

Yes, you can get the SIMCOM and it will work with your radio. However you need to have the Commander plugged in to use it.

6) if i have a optic 6, and i'll program the trasmitter to do dual rates, will it work with AFPD?

Yes
Old 06-04-2005, 05:58 AM
_stinky_

thanks for answering dion
i have a question unanswered, was i right about the expo and dual rates (dual rates is for mid-flight and expo not?)
here is a picture of the blank spaces (look at number 28, 29, 30...)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47927.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	280158  
Old 06-04-2005, 07:32 PM
STLPilot

I still don't know what you mean about your question.

The blank spots are there for hte modelrs to assign custom channels. You'll know when you need to use them.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:58 PM
animalkracker

i think he means why are there three blank spaces that dont have a function but are assigned for instance all the others say hook or brakes or flaps.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:30 AM
_stinky_

right kracker,
i know that there are blak spots to assign custom channels...they are in the "channel" section.
but there are other sections, the function section, is blank. look at what i circled for you..i uploded another picture so you'll understand...
Old 06-08-2005, 07:40 AM
tirone

What else do I need to buy with aerofly professional delux to get my realflight g2 transmitter/controller to work with AEROFLY PRO DELUX.. I am confused by all the posts on the board..
and if it is as simple as just plugging my real flight in to the back of the dell computer just let me know

thanks for all your help in this matter..

another new user as you probably know
Old 06-08-2005, 09:43 AM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: tirone

What else do I need to buy with aerofly professional delux to get my realflight g2 transmitter/controller to work with AEROFLY PRO DELUX.. I am confused by all the posts on the board..
and if it is as simple as just plugging my real flight in to the back of the dell computer just let me know

thanks for all your help in this matter..

another new user as you probably know
Nothing ... do you have AFPD?