Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

My interface dies

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 03:49 PM
joesabido

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My interface dies

When i'm using AFPD after a couple of minutes the interface just dies, the plane stops responding (stays locked in the last "known" sticks position) and obviously i crash

I press ESC to go to the main menu and i get a message that the interface is not found.

I press SEARCH and sometimes it finds the interface, and sometimes i just get the error again.

When it DOES find the interface the Tx just doesn't work (the sim does not respond), but the funny thing is that if i go to the main menu and I turn off the Tx i get a message "Interface found but no Tx" or something like that, I turn ON the Tx and the message dismisses, but still no control over the airplanes (i.e. Tx doesn't seem to work) and a couple of seconds later, again "No interface found"

If i close AFPD and start it again sometimes i can play for a while untill it happens again (and it DOES happen again)

I've tried switching USB ports but no luck, besides i don't have this behavior on other USB peripherals

What could be wrong? I'm pulling my hairs out [&:]

My radio is a Futaba 6EXA, no crystal
Old 06-07-2005, 01:42 AM
rc-rodeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My interface dies

Hmm,

it stops working after a couple of minutes?
Try to switch off screen saver and disable all energy saving options of the board.

Regards
Rodeo
www.rodeo.onlinehome.de
Old 06-07-2005, 02:19 AM
joesabido

Thanks Rodeo, but all my energy saving features are off, from windows and from BIOS

Old 06-07-2005, 05:47 PM
joesabido

So... Something else to try? Possible solutions? Possible problem? SOMETHING?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:16 PM
joesabido

Is this really a SUPPORT forum?
Old 06-30-2005, 07:16 AM
ggouveia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem on 2 different pc's.So it had to be the cable or TX.But knew it wasn't the TX.I tracked it down to the
USB cable.The connection at the phone jack(where you plug the adapters to the stero 3.5 jack) was causing the problem.If I moved it,it would either work or not.Not good enough from a product that I only had for 2 days.Waiting on a replacement.Ive also read that some people are soldering the adapters to the USB cable direct.So play around with your cable and see if you can get it to work.