Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

What is the difference between AFP and AFPD??

Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

What is the difference between AFP and AFPD??

Old 06-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Skraut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the difference between AFP and AFPD??

I've searched all over and can't seem to find an answer to this question on the AFP website or other locations. I recently inherited a large amount of planes controllers and other equipment. I'd just like a decent simulator to learn the basics before I start plowing these in the ground I have a couple of friends locally who are willing to help me learn, and I even have a buddy box amongst all the equipment. But as I used to work in the video game industry, the idea of learning on a game is actually exciting to me. Being able to "Safely" get an idea of what I'm doing would let me get up to speed quicker.

I've been looking around at the various simulators, and I keep coming across AFP and AFPD as being the best, but what is the difference. Is AFPD essentially just AFP 2? or are they the same program whith different planes?

Can someone start with AFP and upgrade to AFPD with the same equipment, or is a different controller cable required? To learn the basics, and keep me occupied in the winter is AFP enough, or is there something in the Deluxe version that I would regret not having?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Deyrick Gibbins

Default RE: What is the difference between AFP and AFPD??

Hi Skraut

AFP is basically the old version, AFPD is newer has improved graphics and physics. It also has some photo sceneries ie real life locations which have been photographed and input into the sim, its as if you are actually there.

I think you would be better to get AFPD from the start, rather than AFP unless funds are at a premium because AFP is no doubt cheaper.
And you could probably pick it up on Ebay from somebody who has upgraded etc.

Another bonus of AFPD is that you can download and use all the aircraft produced for AFP even though they look slightly less impressive than the AFPD models, a lot of AFP models have or are being upgraded to AFPD standards anyway.

Del
Old 06-14-2005, 09:10 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Get on aeroflypro.com and look at these pages:

www.aeroflypro.com

top of page shows this and new planes.

Here is what's new from AFP:

-- Incredible flight performance of our new Physics and Flight code!
--14 sceneries (including an indoor and 3 photo-realistic scenes)
-- 55 models in total; New models include, Shock Flyers, Eco7, 33% Christen Eagle, Trainer, 3D heli, EC-135, MD-900, Airbus 320, Zlin, Learjet, Cap21, Bell UH-1, Schweizer Helicopter, Ventus glider, Zlin50.
-- Glider sound when you do a flyby
-- Improved ground handling.
-- Fog for 3D sceneries.
-- Back light effects in the photo sceneries.
-- New lighting effects like sunlight reflections and shadow mapping.
-- USB Cable for Interface and Game Commander.
-- Slightly changed "easy setup" mode.
-- 6 exclusively music songs exclusively composed for AeroFly.

http://aeroflypro.com/features/

You can toggle between the features.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Skraut

Thanks for the input. Does APFD model electrics and park-flyers well, or is it mainly for glow engines?
Old 06-14-2005, 07:41 PM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: Skraut

Thanks for the input. Does APFD model electrics and park-flyers well, or is it mainly for glow engines?
AFPD is known for it's foamies ... there are more planes for AFP and AFPD then any other commercial sim.

The answer is yes.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Skraut

Thanks for all your help. I'll be picking it up from OMP once I can get my paypal account straightened out.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:23 PM
STLPilot

Skraut if you don't have PayPal you can call in your order.

Call 937-429-3056 or 484-886-0130 with CC.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Skraut

I got it, Thanks.. I had like 4 paypal accounts, and naturally the one that had the correct payment info, had the wrong email address. I had to straighten it all out anyway, and this was as good of an excuse to straighten it out as any

Thanks for all your help. The idea of being able to fly some first without breaking any even has my wife excited. She's a real pilot, so this may turn out to be fun for the whole family.