Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Game Commander USB problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Qathome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Game Commander USB problem

I received my copy of Aerofly Professional Deluxe with Game Commander USB today and I'm having problems.

After installing the sim I plugged in the controller and the OS detected it without any problem. Then I started the sim and tried to calibrate the controller but the only thing on the controller that seemed to give any signal was the switches marked channel 5 and 6 and the knob marked channel 7.

I then disconnected/connected the controller and tried calibrating the controller in the windows control panel which seemed to work and the signal outputs looked alright after the calibration.
Then I started the sim again and tried to calibrate the controller without any success, still no signal output.
I shutdown the sim and went back to the control panel and now the controller didn't work here either until i disconnected/connected it again and then it would start to work but it has never worked in the simulator.

I tried it on another computer with Windows XP but with the same results.
To me it looks like the sim can't communicate with the Game Commander USB but I have no idea how to fix it.

Here is some info on my computer:
Intel P4 3.2GHz
1024GB RAM
200GB hard drive
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB
Windows XP Pro SP2

Please help me, I'm really anxious to try this out because it looks great.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Mj24784.txt (7.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Qathome

Default RE: Game Commander USB problem

I downloaded the free RC-Sim FMS and the Game Controller USB worked just fine with that so it would seem that the problem is in AFPD and it's support for the controller.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:12 AM
Qathome

I got this answer from Torsten Hans on the IPACS Development team and it worked great

Hello,

a new line of USB GameCommander has slightly different hardware features. This can cause the problem you described with the current version of AeroFly. This can be easily fixed by changing a few lines in the MAIN.MCF file. This file is located in the CONFIG directory of AeroFly Professional. Open this file with a program like notepad.exe. Go to the last lines and look for:

usb_commander_min 0
usb_commander_max 21845
usb_commander_mul 3

Change this to

usb_commander_min 0
usb_commander_max 65500
usb_commander_mul 1

This should fix the problem.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:11 PM
dunaman

I have the same problem and my Aerofly is quite new, I did the changing in these lines, but the problem persists.