Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFP Simulator Problems! NEED HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:38 PM
hw123
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFP Simulator Problems! NEED HELP???

I have bought my sec. AFP simulator and am having trouble with it on my computer. When i start the game it plays good and then for some reason the entire computer shuts off and restarts itself. I have a one 2 year old HP computer, I put a 256mb. G-Force 5200x video card in it and it will play everyother game and doesn't do this. Has anyone esle had theres do this? The longest it will play is about 5 min. if i am lucky. I am using a JR radio and the cords and the adapter cord that they recommended for the JR radio. I have downloaded the newest drivers for the graphics card and for AFP off there website. After all that it still does the same thing. Both simulators do the same thing. If anyone can guide me in the right direction here to fix this, I would sure be thankful. Thanks hw123
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 PM
3DAddiction

Default RE: AFP Simulator Problems! NEED HELP???

Be sure you have downloaded the latest Direct X drivers from MS. Also disable any antivirus software when running the simulator. Now sure if this will help you or not.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:47 PM
3DAddiction

Just purchased AFP Deluxe along with an adapter for my Futaba 9C. I am having a problem with the program crashing when I try to either rename or edit a model and use the "Save as". If I use "Save" I don't seem to have the problem. Have already downloaded all video drivers and Direct X drivers from MS. Ikarus tech support has no idea what the problem is and no longer responds to my e-mails. Typical, they got my $$ and now they are off and running.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:33 PM
hw123

Thanks rkelly521 i will try to disable the antivirus software while playing it and see what that does. hw123
Old 07-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Imac Kiwi

Also disable your screensaver when using your sim.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:08 AM
hw123

I disabled the antivirus program and turned off the screensaver, It still only lasted 4min and 32 sec. If you come up with any other ideas i am ready to try them. Thanks for your help so far, hopefully we'll get this figuered out. hw123
Old 07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
3DAddiction

This almost sounds like some type of memory problem. But my experiance with memory problems usually just lock the pc up, they don't force the pc to "restart" on its own. This may be a dumb question, but you do have enough memory to run this? Is your cpu within the minimum requirements handle this? I know your video card is ok because it's the same one I have. But I also have a 1.4gig cpu along with half-a-gig of memory. What type of operating system are you running? I have Windows xp and I do have a problem that I'm still working on when I try to use the "save as" in the edit mode.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:10 PM
archiebald

hw123,
Sounds to me like you have an overheating problem on your graphic card.

I just installed AFPD a few days ago and I am over the moon with it but I have noticed that my cooling fan works very hard for this simulator compared to many other game or simulator apps.

Last summer I had this prolem on one of my computers. As a quick test, I took off the PC cover and placed a desk fan near it blowing over the motherboard. Worked a treat so I knew immediately where my problem lay.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:09 AM
zeng62

I'm not a computer guy but when I used my combat flight simulator 3 for a while with 512mb of RAM it would jump and stutter. I insatalled 1024mb of ram and operates much better for a longer time but still will load the ram and require a computer restart.
The problem was not there if I used minimum resolution.
You may have enough RAM as 256 MB is only about 190 MB usable.
Just a thought.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:55 PM
pompealp

I have a little, very little bit of experience using PC's, and thereĀ“s another possibility to the problem. Since the control takes power from the PC, then it becomes another load for the power supply. I believe you might need a more capable power supply, since you might be getting to close to full capacity and maybe in the middle of the game, with the VidCard working at full, processor at full load, and control sucking in power, it might be causing the overheating of the power supply, and therefore the subsequent restart. I believe if it was due to overheating of the system, it might shut down and deny to start again for a moment, while it cools down. That's why I think is more of a possibility the lack of enough energy in the power supply.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:01 AM
dfkroft

Have you removed the transmitter's crystal?